Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulling out today, trash truck blocking the flat spot going out to the street. I chose to drop off the curb (normal height) and just be on my way. Did it all the time on the CBR, it had body so this should be no problem. I was wrong. Granted I didn't blip the throttle and accelerate off, rather just kind of dropped the front wheel off. Was in a heavy car/foot traffic area, didn't want to get too crazy. Either this thing sits low or the limp noodle front suspension, but the new Arrow pipes have battle scars!

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Bummer man. At least it didn't puncture the pipes.

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
Yea, this bike kind of looks like a motard/dirtbike, but it ain't. You gotta learn to wheelie off the curb instead of just dropping down!

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Bummer to bash up the header!

Don't know it it works for streetbikes but I have seen guys take a dented header off a 4 stroke dirtbike and fill the header with water and plug both ends and then freeze it. The water pushed the dent out as it froze.

Just a thought.

Reactions: DNFDOUG

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
You beat me to it. Freeze is the dirt bike way. The Arrows are thinner though. Good news is you can try one at a time and not the whole header.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good idea. Not sure I want to pull it apart again though, it was a bitch getting it on the first time. Now, if its tweaked a bit... Its on the bottom and not going to impact performance, prob better off just leaving it alone.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Rubber plugs (hardware store bins) and duct tape, 102 uses. Make an X pattern over the plug, and wrap around. Surprisingly strong.

I watched a guy repair my FMF pipe at a race by welding a rod on, heating it up, pulling the dent out, cut the rod off, grinded smooth.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Bummer dude....thats strange, I used to run off a curb near an ATM that I would visit frequently....I never had tha problem....Although I always carried some speed when hopping off the sidewalk

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea, I'm sure I would have been fine had I accelerated off the curb and just went, but the truck was blocking the view and it was a very busy, very narrow parking lot so didn't want to go flying out. I just figured it is a naked bike, plenty of clearance. Oh well, can't stay perfect forever.

BTW, glad to see you back Luke.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts