Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

My name is Billy and I live in Northern California. I rode/raced dirt bikes growing up and got a Bolt a year ago as my first bike for the street. Sold it this past Saturday and picked up an FZ09 the very next morning. It’s a 2017 with only 1700 miles. Looking forward to being on the forum - the Bolt forum was a great resource so I figured I’d join here for the new bike👍🏻

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
690 Posts
Welcome, there are a few other members from Northern CA, plus a couple of us just over the Sierras in Northern NV.
Remember to take it easy until you get familiar with your new ride. A MSF instructor told me that something like 50% of accidents involving experienced riders happen within 5 months of purchasing a different motorcycle.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome, there are a few other members from Northern CA, plus a couple of us just over the Sierras in Northern NV.
Remember to take it easy until you get familiar with your new ride. A MSF instructor told me that something like 50% of accidents involving experienced riders happen within 5 months of purchasing a different motorcycle.
Thats actually where I picked the bike up from! Right around Lake Tahoe. Are there ever any rides posted on here?

Thanks for the tip! Definitely a different animal compared to the Bolt, but I respect the power. I agree though. Too many people get on a bike and ride way past their limits.

·
Premium Member
2,552 Posts
Welcome to our little group Billy.
We all appreciate your most excellent intro and hope you visit often.
Many years ago I lived in Yuba City and so much enjoyed riding all over that area. Stunning countryside for sure.
Like psyco mentioned, we have several members in NorCal plus a pretty good bunch of people on the forum to help out with any questions you may have.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to our little group Billy.
We all appreciate your most excellent intro and hope you visit often.
Many years ago I lived in Yuba City and so much enjoyed riding all over that area. Stunning countryside for sure.
Like psyco mentioned, we have several members in NorCal plus a pretty good bunch of people on the forum to help out with any questions you may have.
Small world - I was born and raised there, only moved to Sac for school. Haha Thanks for the introduction!

·
Registered
2017 Hi-Viz and Matte Grey MT-09
409 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I used to live in Folsom, though I'm up in the Reno area now. I've ridden down to the Auburn area a few times to visit the in-laws, but I've not made it all the way to Sacramento yet. Enjoy the bike and the nearly 365 day riding season you've got.

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
690 Posts
Are there ever any rides posted on here?
The east coast guys seem to get together more often than us westerners. Maybe you can start a trend? I'm off the bike for at least the next 4 weeks due to surgery but after that I'm up for a ride pretty much anytime.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The east coast guys seem to get together more often than us westerners. Maybe you can start a trend? I'm off the bike for at least the next 4 weeks due to surgery but after that I'm up for a ride pretty much anytime.
Sounds good! Once I get a little more comfortable on the bike maybe we can get something going.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Looks to be almost box-stock. Time to make it yours! The aftermarket support for the line is huge, the sky's the limit!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Good move. I traded a V Star 1300 for my MT09 and never looked back.

My only real regret was the highway wind blast... turns out "naked" isn't as much fun as I thought. A cheapie Amazon windshield helped a bit, but the MRA Racing Screen offers the best air management by far without ruining the look of the bike.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts