Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sold my Vmax last night. Probably will have another bike bought by tomorrow. I tried, but I just don't feel right on a cruiser. I don't like (at least on the Vmax) the handling and braking. Has more to do with the body position than the actual ability of the bike i think. Looking at a Bandit 1250 set up for sport touring. I had one before and traded it in on the FZ. I miss that bike.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Sold my Vmax last night. Probably will have another bike bought by tomorrow. I tried, but I just don't feel right on a cruiser. I don't like (at least on the Vmax) the handling and braking. Has more to do with the body position than the actual ability of the bike i think. Looking at a Bandit 1250 set up for sport touring. I had one before and traded it in on the FZ. I miss that bike.
check out the Kawi Ninja 1000

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
The weight is the main reason I don't have a big twin... over 600 lbs? No thanks!

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
My brother picked up a low mileage 2013 Vmax last fall, and he is already thinking of selling it and getting an FJ-09 instead???

I better not let him ride my 09 then, lol.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The weight is the main reason I don't have a big twin... over 600 lbs? No thanks!
Yeah, you should of saw us trying to get that beast up a ramp into his 4x4 at midnight last night.....ugh

Reactions: Lee Drew

·
Registered
987 Posts
VFR 800 would be my choice

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
VFR 800 would be my choice

I looked into those. Did some research. This will be my 2 up bike. The VFRs need to be in the higher RPMs to be in their sweetspot than I want. Need torque in low rpm range. I do love how they look though. Still too much toward the sporty side as far as ergos go for me.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is not the exact one I am going to look at in the morning. Same year, color, model, etc. The one I am interested has a Corbin seat, bar risers, and heated grips, among the listed goodies.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
the diavel handles well for a 'cruiser'. but pretty much any bike that puts you in a cruiser style riding position will feel awkward, especially if you're used to sportbikes.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A Diavel is on my list of wants. After the FZ-09 is paid for, I might consider trading/selling both bikes to try one out.

·
Registered
511 Posts
The wife had a Virago once:cold:I did have one of the first Bandit 1200's in 1997, fond memories. Once I bought an inline four I haven't had anything else until this triple. Not all v-twins are bad, my wife's SV's were pretty cool, not exactly a cruiser though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts