Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Wait, you can get cruise control in a flash now?

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I do believe the cruise control is programmed in with the ECU Flash, at set speeds, and it is not something that can be adjusted. Pre-set speeds only, but great for cruising at 60 mph.

Interesting, but not so cheap, you can now get Traction Control, but it comes with Traction + Quick Shift + Fuel Unit.

Bazzaz Z-Fi TC Traction + Quick Shift + Fuel Unit - Sale Price:$731.00

Bazzaz Z-Fi TC Traction + Quick Shift + Fuel Unit | Motostarz USA | Motostarz.com

I know some people have asked about adding ABS as well. I wonder if there are parts from the FJ-09, that can be easily added to the FZ-09, to bring over ABS and traction control?

·
Registered
343 Posts
The cruise control option that I was going to purchase is Brake Away. They just responded that one works with Fz-1 and fz-6 but is untested on fz-09.
Has anyone here tried that cruise control unit.
Also , could you vcyclenut flashed cruise control optioned riders post how it works? Could a separate button trigger on?

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
It doesn't limit your top speed in either gear. It's a cruise control, not a speed limiter. You can go faster.

It engages in B mode, in those gears, at those speeds you preset. Tapping the brake will disconnect it so that you can slow the bike. It engages automatically, disengages on your command, and is not a speed limiter.

Though, it is no longer listed as an option in the flash.

·
Vendor
1,510 Posts
its still available, I just don't advertise it anymore, just put it in the comments box at the bottom of the info sheet

when you put the bike in the correct mode and gear and speed up to the set mph then let go of the throttle it holds its speed till you switch modes or slow down about 5 mph

I can only put it in the non speedlimiter removal flash, because of fly by wire limitations ftecu built into the newest software version

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
For quick turn in stock A mode I've heard 80-85% throttle turn is WOT. What percentage turn would you say is wide open after this flash with quick turn A?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Great info and Another question or two. I was going to get a speedodrd to correct my speedometer due to gearing change and larger rear tire. Should this be bought and set-up before flash? I need a vacation , last time in your area the Davis love golf course was a billboard not even started construction. Do you do flashes for riders passing through town?

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Had my initial flash done by Dave (not a single complaint with the fueling), but cruise would never work for me. He ended up reimbursing me for shipping and it's now on the way back to him... nothing relevant to contribute. I'm just excited :). Anyone else have it set at 75 in 6th gear have issues?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts