1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
The know the price is pretty good on the Kuryakyn, but I do prefer Throttlemeister.

A good friend has on on his SV1000S and it's work flawless for five years now. I like the fact that you can get them in two different weights and six different finishes.
The FZ-09 link: Throttlemeister

Or for a cheaper, quick mounted throttle lock, there is also the Go-Cruise throttle control. Which is handy, if you just need it once in a while, or to swap between bikes.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the links. I knew about the throttlemeister but I usually go cheaper if the thing still works. I had tried the Crampbuster but it interferred with my control especially wearing thicker gloves. I will try the Go Cruise next.

·
Registered
511 Posts
The know the price is pretty good on the Kuryakyn, but I do prefer Throttlemeister.

A good friend has on on his SV1000S and it's work flawless for five years now. I like the fact that you can get them in two different weights and six different finishes.
The FZ-09 link: Throttlemeister

Or for a cheaper, quick mounted throttle lock, there is also the Go-Cruise throttle control. Which is handy, if you just need it once in a while, or to swap between bikes.
I'm looking at this product
Throttlemeister

·
Registered
355 Posts
I tried that Go-Cruise plastic thingy, and it didn't quite work for me. It let the throttle slowly return.

HOWEVER, there's a thumbwheel-adjustable metal version called the Go-Cruise 2 that works just fine.

Got mine from Amazon.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
A couple nice things about the Throttlemeister:
- The standard sized standard finish is only $126.00, and is machined from billet stainless steel & bronze, no cheap plastic.
- It acts and looks like a bar end weights, ( Includes Matching Left Side End Weight Bar End & Throttle End are the same weight. )
- They do make them to fit handle bar guards, and I am sure you can special order them for just about any application.
- 100% made in America ( Milwaukee, Wisconsin to be precise )

Features: Throttlemeister - Features

Product Tire Automotive tire Auto part Automotive wheel system

Now that I think of it, their price isn't pretty good for what you get. Especially when you consider that other ones like the Koako's are just for the throttle lock and made from plastic. It's nice to get a matching set that with a throttle lock and bar end weight combo. And they are made from top end material.

·
Registered
670 Posts
A couple nice things about the Throttlemeister:
- The standard sized standard finish is only $126.00, and is machined from billet stainless steel & bronze, no cheap plastic.
- It acts and looks like a bar end weights, ( Includes Matching Left Side End Weight Bar End & Throttle End are the same weight. )
- They do make them to fit handle bar guards, and I am sure you can special order them for just about any application.
- 100% made in America ( Milwaukee, Wisconsin to be precise )

Features: Throttlemeister - Features

View attachment 11596

Now that I think of it, their price isn't pretty good for what you get. Especially when you consider that other ones like the Koako's are just for the throttle lock and made from plastic. It's nice to get a matching set that with a throttle lock and bar end weight combo. And they are made from top end material.
Kaoko's are made of aluminum- not plastic. I've got a Throttlemeister on my FJR and the Kaoko on my Toger. Both work great.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Oh ok, I will take your word for it, but a lot of the Kaoko's products on the Twisted Throttle website look like they are make of plastic.

Kaoko - TwistedThrottle.com

Plus you can call me a ******* all you like, I always prefer to support local or North American products whenever I can.

Kaoko is located in the Republic of South Africa
Contact Us

Reactions: Thantos

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
If you get Throttlemeisters, get the machined ones. The grooves provide better grip for rotating them. Note, also, they double as bar end weights, so certain handguards will partially cover them and make gripping very difficult. Kaoko have a thumb wheel set in a ways that would provide easier access if you're using hand guards. Both are very high quality and about the same price.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I was just going to post everything Tigershark did. I have the Throttlemeister and love it; didn't love paying for it.. ie cheap mofo. Next time I'd but one with the machined grooves, they're easier to engage with heavier gloves this time of year.

·
Registered
167 Posts
This is the one I purchased. A bit pricey but works well and looks good. Kaoko throttle Locks KOA.YAM810 from TwistedThrottle.com

1 - 13 of 13 Posts