Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took out a CRF250l today for a test ride and I have to say I loved it:

Has anyone had the chance to ride the new CRF450l to compare the two? I'll admit that on the bigger roads the 250 was sluggish but nothing I couldn't live with but I wonder if the extra torque of the bigger one may be worth considering. If I'm honest the roads that I would be buying the bike for, the 250 is (mostly) fast enough. I'm also not sure if the added maintenance of the bigger 450 is worth it either...

Attachments

·
Registered
356 Posts
You talked about "added maintenance", but with an oil change interval of 600 miles and a valve check interval of 1,800 miles, it's a lot of work for your average bike.

I have been waiting for Yamaha to make the 450 street legal in Canada becuase I have also wanted a dual sport, but I want more than a 250.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have to agree about the maintenance, although I wouldn't be doing big miles and I'm guessing you could stretch it out a bit as the engine wouldn't be overly stressed, it could get a bit much.

I was speaking to the yam dealers about making a wr450 road legal...seems simple enough but too much for my needs I reckon

1 - 3 of 3 Posts