Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I was riding the FZ in an area I wasn't familiar with and went over a railroad crossing. Little did I know that there was quite a steep descent on the other side. I caught a little air and landed hard. Kept riding and felt fine for about 200 yards until I slowed down for a turn. The hard landing made my oil pan drain bolt hit the ground and it ripped a hole in it causing oil to spew all over my rear tire. When I slowed down and began to lean in for the turn, I had no chance... Crashed at about 30 and broke my collarbone. Not fun.

Bike isn't too bad at all because I had the OES Sliders as well as rhinomoto ends. My ermax is toast, need a new headlight, left side peg, oil pan and plug, and a front fender.

Does anyone know if the fenders come painted?

Thanks in advance for the help...

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hey all, I was riding the FZ in an area I wasn't familiar with and went over a railroad crossing. Little did I know that there was quite a steep descent on the other side. I caught a little air and landed hard. Kept riding and felt fine for about 200 yards until I slowed down for a turn. The hard landing made my oil pan drain bolt hit the ground and it ripped a hole in it causing oil to spew all over my rear tire. When I slowed down and began to lean in for the turn, I had no chance... Crashed at about 30 and broke my collarbone. Not fun.

Bike isn't too bad at all because I had the OES Sliders as well as rhinomoto ends. My ermax is toast, need a new headlight, left side peg, oil pan and plug, and a front fender.

Does anyone know if the fenders come painted?

Thanks in advance for the help...
Hope you're alright bud. And hope you get the bike up and running soon.

I'd like to see some pics if possible I just installed OES sliders myself. See how they held up

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does anybody have any preferred sites to get replacement parts?

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hope you're alright bud. And hope you get the bike up and running soon.

I'd like to see some pics if possible I just installed OES sliders myself. See how they held up

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

On the left side, the sliders don't seem to do anything... My rhinomoto bar ends and the OES Spool on the swing arm took the brunt of all the impact.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Does anybody have any preferred sites to get replacement parts?
I just had to replace my oil pan. I found it the cheapest by far at Partshark.com. The drain plug is included but the gasket is a separate part#. It took awhile to get it though because they had to get it from Yamaha first.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just had to replace my oil pan. I found it the cheapest by far at Partshark.com. The drain plug is included but the gasket is a separate part#. It took awhile to get it though because they had to get it from Yamaha first.
Ok thank you!

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Honda East Toledo. You will get free shipping, and good prices. Cheap parts are only as good as the shipping charge you pay. Parts shark wants $12.50 to ship the pan...

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Might i recommend upgrading the suspension while you are at it? I know the bike isn't designed to go airborne, but it shouldn't ever bottom out to that extent. Glad you are alive and ready to rebuild.

Reactions: 520FZ09

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Honda East Toledo. You will get free shipping, and good prices.

Thanks... I never know what to select model wise. What one do I have?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
FZ09ER i believe the ones with C in them are the california model. 99% of the parts are identical though

·
Registered
127 Posts
Damn dude that sucks!! Glad your ok.. That's a rough deal.. What RR crossing did that happen a t?

stadiumyamaha has the best prices on OEM that I've seen anywhere.. I used to use Babbitt until someone here told me about stadium..

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
The "C" is for the California models, and the "GY" "O" or "R" refers to the color... Gray, Orange, or Red

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Thanks... I never know what to select model wise. What one do I have?

FZ09ECGY - California Graphite
FZ09ECO - California Orange
FZ09ECR - California Red
FZ09EGY - Graphite
FZ09EO - Orange
FZ09ER - Red

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ahhh, thank you.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts