Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have one? Did a bit of a search here on the forums, and I haven't seen anything.

Think I paid around $117 with 2 day shipping. Decided on an orange one and it looks great. Bunch of different colors on the site.

Easy easy install, as you use 4 zip ties to hold it on. Sounds pretty bad, but 4 zip ties should not be a problem to hold something so light weight. If done correctly the only way the zip ties are noticeable is if you point them out to someone. Put over 100 miles on it and had no issues.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Zip ties become brittle over time and break. Atleast they have in my experience. Looks different though. Does it match the tank in person?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Zip ties become brittle over time and break. Atleast they have in my experience. Looks different though. Does it match the tank in person?
nope, and I'm 100% fine with that. its a darker orange and goes great with it.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The main reason I went with this one was because I could have it in 2 days. I originally ordered an evotech. The place I ordered it from decided to tell me it was out of stock AFTER I ordered it. I didn't like that. So I canceled the order and went with this.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have a black Cox radiator guard and it looks great and works fine. I do not like zip tie connections but it seems to be doing just fine.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Why you'd choose an Orange one.......????

j/k

·
Registered
213 Posts
The main reason I went with this one was because I could have it in 2 days. I originally ordered an evotech. The place I ordered it from decided to tell me it was out of stock AFTER I ordered it. I didn't like that. So I canceled the order and went with this.

I bought my Evotech rad guard from eBay user mcmotorcycleparts, a US seller that shipped out quickly. The Evotech guard looks like it was meant to be there from the factory and I really like it. Your orange guard is different and looks nice too.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Yes, they do... But it takes a while. If you wash and inspect regularly, you'll replace them when necessary....I have a black one and it is great. virtually invisible, no rattles, which is a good thing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts