Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What motorcycle cover are people using? I would like a fairly heavy duty cover for use at home. I would not carry it with me on trips.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
There are a few threads on this. I use a dowco all weather and it's effing awesome. Can't say enough good things about it.

Sent from my phone and my autocorrect sucks

·
Registered
298 Posts
There are a few threads on this. I use a dowco all weather and it's effing awesome. Can't say enough good things about it.

I use the same cover, I have owned one for ever bike that we have had. Very good covers.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Dowco Weatherall Plus. Have used one for years on multiple bikes. And have also experienced a side by side comparison with the Weatherall Plus and the Ultralite. The bike with the Weatherall Plus will be nice and dry and the bike with the Ultralite will have so much dew and condensation under the cover on the bike that you'd think you hosed it off. Spend the extra money as those covers are worth it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ordered the Dowco Weatherall Plus. Supposed to arrive in a couple of days. Thanks for the recommendations.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
+1 on the DOWCO WeatherAll Plus. The bike stays dry even in some of the heaviest downpours. The only issue is with the big ass stock mirrors if you buy in the Sportbike size-I end up needing to rotate the mirrors inward to get the cover to fully extend down enough to cover the wheels, but a set of CRG Arrow mirrors solved that issue for me. I also have the Ultralite Plus for use when I'm at work so the FZ doesn't get blasted all day by the blazing hot Hawaiian sun-not so good for rain protection and the sun will weaken and thin the fabric after about 6 months of everyday use, but they're inexpensive enough to replace every 6 months or so. Highly recommend both covers...

·
Registered
666 Posts
I have the heavy DOWCO as well. It's good. Customer service over at DOWCO is very good too, in case there's a problem.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
+1 on the DOWCO WeatherAll Plus. The bike stays dry even in some of the heaviest downpours. The only issue is with the big ass stock mirrors if you buy in the Sportbike size-I end up needing to rotate the mirrors inward to get the cover to fully extend down enough to cover the wheels, but a set of CRG Arrow mirrors solved that issue for me. I also have the Ultralite Plus for use when I'm at work so the FZ doesn't get blasted all day by the blazing hot Hawaiian sun-not so good for rain protection and the sun will weaken and thin the fabric after about 6 months of everyday use, but they're inexpensive enough to replace every 6 months or so. Highly recommend both covers...
Thanks to the last thread on this you saved me something like $220 haha.

I was going to buy the cycleshell $300 thinking this was the only way I could protect my bike outside and instead, for 70 bucks the dowco fits perfectly and ive yet to have 1 drop of condensation on the bike.

·
Registered
418 Posts
What motorcycle cover are people using? I would like a fairly heavy duty cover for use at home. I would not carry it with me on trips.
I'm using a very nice 1200 thread count Egyptian cotton fitted sheet for my FZ and R1 while in the garage. It serves the purpose of keeping dust off the bikes. They were old and I replaced the sheets in the bedrooms so figured I would repurpose them for motorcycle duty lol.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Hi. Can you plz tell me the size for dowco weather plus (LG, XL or XXXL) that I should get for my fz-09? Thanks
I have the large. Fits great.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Thank You. Also it will cover the whole bike (top to bottom) correct? Im in apartment complex so just making sure that I get the right one.
Yup top to ground coverage

1 - 16 of 16 Posts