Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

Couple of pics of my 17' with fresh wrap

4K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  CLemon 
#1 ·
Heres a few pics of when I wrapped my 17', Ive added a few things since these pics had been taken. If interested the frame sliders as well as some other parts are available.
This year I hope to get a nicer seat.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Plant Automotive fuel system
Vehicle Helmet Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood

See less See more
#6 ·
Yes those are the pieces I wrapped. I tried the front fender on my previous wrap, but it was a real pain, and came out terrible. I could probably do a better job now, but I just did not wanna torture myself

The color is by 3M, If I recall correctly its called Satin Frost

#10 ·
#12 ·
The tank was tough im not gonna lie, i did it in 3pcs. One of the pieces took me 3 tries (but I was trying to do it in colder weather than advised, material kept ripping me cuz it was too cold). I was too excited to wait for it warm up lmao

If I am gonna wrap it again, then I will shoot for a single piece. Its gonna be a challenge, but I think I know the trick to get it done. Worth a shot!

#18 ·
If you do it again, and in 1 piece, you should consider recording it. I been wanting to attempt it myself but it intimidates me and i know id screw it up trying to do it in 3 pieces. I have 3m wrap and some cutter tape or no knife tape, whatever it’s called. Just waiting for the mental strength to tackle it lol
Will do, i should have some decent cameras to record by then

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.