Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Please let me join your community. Im in the process of buying my fz09 and should have it in a few days!

Pony Powersports in Columbus, OH seems to have a line on these and from what I gather they can get them within a couple weeks if you put money down or finance and they can mark the order as "sold". All 3 colors apparently. Oh and I should mention, EASY to get a ride on the demo bike!

I just went ahead and put half down on the graphite model on the showroom floor just to be sure. I like the odd colored wheels and will probably buy red or orange panels later.

I took the long ride to this place yesterday on my Can-am Spyder just to check it out and see if they had any bikes on my short-list. Needless to say the fz09 was at the top of that list and here I am!

Ive been lurking in here a bit but now I must join you fine people and learn a few things.

Damon

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
Welcome Damon, we're glad you could join us here at the finest FZ forum on the interwebs. Congrats on the purchase (almost) 0f the new FZ 09.......and I guess you know by now......two things:
1. You're gonna love it.
2. Pics or it didn't happen

·
Registered
354 Posts
Welcome Damon you're going to love it here. I too owned a can am spyder my daughter has one also

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sweet! another Daytonite! Have you tried Joe's Cycle Shop on Dixie north of the 75? Great people to work with, and not such a ride to get there. We'll have to meet up
Yes, Ive been there before and thought about checking with them about an fz09. I knew you bought their first one.

I know competition Accessories in Springfield has a one. Its the graphite one and its up on a display stand, cant even sit on it really. I was told to get a test drive you have to fill out all paperwork as if your buying the machine and before you sign, they let you drive it. I said WUT? And was told if you dont like the bike they tear up the paperwork. Didnt ask the price, or the fees. Sounds like a hassle.

I asked my Can-am dealer Middletown Cycle whos also a Yamaha dealer when they would get one and theyre still waiting for the first one.

Anyway I figured Id go ahead and buy from Pony Powersports because for one, it was super easy to get a test ride. Just get a copy of your DL and sign this waiver and BAM! Your riding the machine for 30 minutes anywhere you want! Plus their only fees are $99 plus 30 day temp tags. I liked the no bullshit approach very much and its worth the trip.

Hope to meet up with you some time!

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I'm not surprised with Competition, I've been trying to get them to respond to me about getting my bike on their dyno, and they keep blowing me off. Not terribly interested in customer service there, it seems.

I'm surprised Joe's hasn't gotten one yet. Maybe putting money down and calling them every couple days did make a difference :p

·
Registered
132 Posts
Where in Dayton are you from, I live in Indy but grew up in Vandalia. You should check with Joey at Joes again he told me he would have another in November sometime. He is awesome and nice to deal with, gotta help the little dealers out so they stay in business. I tried to get one from him but he didn't have a date on delivery and I didn't wanna wait til bad weather hit and try to be getting a bike to Indy. I am hoping the weather warms up a bit this weekend so I can ride some more on the FZ and my GROM!

·
Registered
881 Posts
Welcome, Damon! Glad you decided to sign up and join in.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Where in Dayton are you from, I live in Indy but grew up in Vandalia. You should check with Joey at Joes again he told me he would have another in November sometime. He is awesome and nice to deal with, gotta help the little dealers out so they stay in business. I tried to get one from him but he didn't have a date on delivery and I didn't wanna wait til bad weather hit and try to be getting a bike to Indy. I am hoping the weather warms up a bit this weekend so I can ride some more on the FZ and my GROM!
Too late, I already put half down in Columbus and have the rest in my pocket. I tried to support the local dealer I TRY to use(Middletown Cycle) but they have no clue when an fz09 might come in.

I was actually gonna try Joes but kindve drove my Can-am to Columbus just to check out Iron Pony since Ive never been there. Just an excuse to ride the Spyder really. Its HUGE. Biggest motorcycle store Ive ever been in. They had a demo and no hassle to ride so I took them up on the offer and the rest will be history on Saturday when I pick up my new thrill machine.

By the way, Im a hoosier born and raised in southern Indiana. Went to the Indy Motogp a few months ago. First time ever in Indy. Hope to go again next summer.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Glad you are getting one , I am sure you will love it! Hope you do get to go to GP we want to keep it here and if attendance is good they will keep it in Indy. I go to the Austin one too, might try a European race next year, either GP or F1. Anyway welcome and enjoy your FZ

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Rode it home over a hundred miles today! Awesome machine! A bit tentative as a returning rider, but not slow by any means. Well I do ride my Spyder a ton but thats not the same. Very different. Thats more like riding a street quad on steroids.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts