Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
that is not plug and play
Don't know what you mean here. I mean, as far as I understand, the universal plugs in to a preexisting power plug made just for the heated grips on the MT-09 at least. I'm assuming the other models have the same plug. So, I'd say it IS plug and play???

I think the FZ one gets integrated into the dash system. That's the only diff I can see. So there's some internal control in the dash ready made for it instead of a button system on the left handle.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Don't know what you mean here. I mean, as far as I understand, the universal plugs in to a preexisting power plug made just for the heated grips on the MT-09 at least. I'm assuming the other models have the same plug. So, I'd say it IS plug and play???

I think the FZ one gets integrated into the dash system. That's the only diff I can see. So there's some internal control in the dash ready made for it instead of a button system on the left handle.
The universal Yamaha has to be wired to the battery and does not show on dash. The Tracer has a plug and it shows up on the dash and is a plug and play.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
77 Days
Cold
I did get my Safer Turn self canceling turn signal module today. I think this will be a cool mod to do.

·
Registered
2018 MT-09
29 Posts
Reached 70 degrees here in the upper Texas Coast today, the 30 mile ride home from work was awesome.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Just rode home in the snow on my gs500 junkyard banana, was snowing and slightly below freezing. Also traffic was so close behind me they would be able to smell if i farted.
(under 10 yards outside city and close to 5 in city)

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
76 Days
Cold with snow flurries.

I'm arguing with myself about my front forks. In my opinion the CP3 bikes stock forks are miserable and I did cartridges on mine. Now I have the MT 10 and the forks are a lot better and I really got them working good with new springs and adjusting the oil per recommendations from K-Tech. I think that boredom is getting to me as I almost bought K-Tech cartridges today as my stimulus check covers half the cost. I don't really need them but keep thinking about how much fun it would be to take my forks apart again.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I had a dream the other day, that I was riding my MonsTah... then I woke up... FML!

I'm having withdrawal symptoms. I need a fix!

Reactions: MK3Brent

·
Registered
227 Posts
I’ve been doing way to much shopping. Planning on doing my own tire changes from here forth

Craftsman electric Pankake compressor
MotionPro Bead Breaker(16”)
MotionPro Bead buddy(2x)
MotionPro Rim Protector(2x of 2shields)

Still need a industrial spray bottle for soapy water and a tire stem core removal tool but those are easy.

I have a fresh set of Q4’s that are emanating the scent of rubber that needs abused in my home office. Yankee candle should take notes. I am planning on swapping these out often strictly for the track and keeping my S22’s for the Street savagery.

Reactions: MK3Brent

·
Registered
327 Posts
MotionPro Bead Breaker(16”)
MotionPro Bead buddy(2x)
ProTip!!! Get one or two more bead breakers and more than than two rim shields. Ask me how I know.

Isn't the bead buddy for spoked wheels?

·
Registered
227 Posts
ProTip!!! Get one or two more bead breakers and more than than two rim shields. Ask me how I know.

Isn't the bead buddy for spoked wheels?
The bead breaker has two spoons with each iron:

and I did get a total of 4 rim shields. The photos don’t do justice as to how robust they are. I was surprised. Feels more like the plastic you find from a Yeti Cooler. And yes the BeadBuddys are for spoked wheels but CAN be used for regular wheels as well

·
Registered
327 Posts
I say get more bead breakers than just the two cause, in my experience, it would have been useful to have more. Maybe it's my inexperience???

·
Registered
227 Posts
I say get more bead breakers than just the two cause, in my experience, it would have been useful to have more. Maybe it's my inexperience???
I only have two hands though? :unsure:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hershey shows neither January nor February will be good riding months. Even if there are warm days sprouting up, there will still be a thick layer of salt on the road. I normally wait for 4-5 solid rain days before she sees street.

·
Registered
227 Posts

21 - 40 of 69 Posts