Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

Could the RSD Wasp be coming to production as the Yamaha XSR900?

9K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  Fizzerpilot 
#1 ·

Mr. Roland Sands is generally a polarizing guy when it comes to his custom creations. Either you love 'em, or you don't. The Faster Son concept built by Shinya Kimura a short time ago wowed a lot of people and was sponsored by Yamaha. Yamaha announced the XSR700 shortly after, and the XSR700 looked a hell of a lot like the Shinya bike.

It seems like Yamaha is tapping some custom builders to crank out a fantastic looking custom bike, deconstructing it, and reverse engineering it into a production bike. They tapped RSD for the Wasp bike that we saw earlier this week, and if you dig deep enough into the internet, you will find that Yamaha has made some interesting purchases last month. On the 29th of Oct, they purchased yamahaxsr900.com, xsr900.com, and yamaha-xsr900.com along with other urls.

As we know with this site, they were not always the quickest on the uptake on urls, so they may have learned a lesson. Anywho... RSD has made a blog entry that chronicles the build of the Wasp and it looks pretty damned cool. I would kill to have a shop as equipped as his. Check it out here: RSD Wasp - Blog - Motorcycle Parts and Riding Gear - Roland Sands Design

See less See more
#2 ·
If it did make it to production and actually looked like the RSD bike, I'd be on the waiting list before it existed lol

#11 ·
One of the many things I really enjoyed about my trips to the Isle of Man was the variety of bikes on the road. Of all the Spondon framed oil cooled Suzuki's and Manx Norton's and other fabulous bikes, the Yamaha XJR stood out as the one bike that really resonated with me. I must have seen a couple of dozen of them parked up in front of the Terminus Pub one afternoon.

#10 · (Edited)
Agree. Most of theses custom builders produce over the top cosmetic mods that are their fantasies come alive and then try to sell them for fantasy prices. Some look great, some don't. They're fun to look at, but not all practical. I think this one is just silly.

If you really like this look, you could just paint all your body work white and remove you muffler and seat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.