Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used the Costco buying program to purchase their fz09?
I went on their website today and put my info in
https://www.costcoauto.com/powersports/locate_dealer/default.aspx

Got a call from a dealer this evening who explained that the costco program gives members special pricing. Usually means freight and setup fees waived. That seems pretty good to me considering dealers here in California are not budging from their $900 in fees

·
Registered
57 Posts
I tried the Costco route with the FZ09 in October.....with negative results. The bike was not in the Costco system at that time. Not sure if it's in their system yet. I also inquired about a Ducati Monster through the Costco program and Del Amo Motorsports (So.Cal.) called me within 20 minutes. It appears to be a good purchase program if you have a participating dealer nearby. I know it is very good for auto purchases.

·
Registered
137 Posts
My dealer in mn charged 7700 plus tax. No BS fees. I dont know why there are so many dealers charging extra crap.

·
Registered
196 Posts
My dealer in mn charged 7700 plus tax. No BS fees. I dont know why there are so many dealers charging extra crap.
Seems like year round riding weather states like to charge a premium for that luxury. I got the same type of deal here in IL, 7399 plus tax and title.

·
Registered
156 Posts
midwest seems to get the best prices followed by the east coast i got 8500 out the door and then the west coast seems off the charts.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Because they can. The greater the demand, the higher the price they're charging. I think there's more demand in Ca than in Mn, so the price is higher. There's not really a lot of mark up for motorcycles in comparison to say, autos. The income for motorcycle dealerships are in maintenance/repairs and accessories.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
There is also a law in California that you cannot register a new bike or car purchased outside of California until the bike has 7500 miles on it and is then considered used.

It is part of the smog control laws.

Thus, most California dealers know they have a captive market and can charge more.

Reactions: markstertt

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
But with all of these Earthquakes popping up out west I think that the problem will take care of itself soon and So Cal will drop off into the ocean by end of the year.

We will then all ride our bikes on the fabulous new Arizona Bay highway.

Yeah, I don't much like Cali.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Yeah in all season riding states the dealers can charge a premium, because there is no off season per se.

·
Registered
186 Posts
But with all of these Earthquakes popping up out west I think that the problem will take care of itself soon and So Cal will drop off into the ocean by end of the year.

I like Idaho, (pretty state) until I take a ride up Highway 1 to the Oregon border or down to Big Sur and Carmel. I'm afraid Idaho's coast won't be there in my life time and I feel land locked when not near one. Even though I don't visit the coast that often, when I do, it speaks to my soul, especially when on a motorcycle where you can smell the ocean and feel the pounding surf. I know we pay a premium for living here but it seems a lot of us think it's worth it and the darn dealers know it, gas is $4.04 and up this week...Mark

·
Registered
2,330 Posts

Unfortunately the pacific plate is moving east, not west so eventually california will get pushed up over nevada and Idaho

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
And no one will be missing Idaho

Yeah, I don't like potatoes much :p

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
I live in Idaho and don't eat potatoes often. Weird, huh?

I love the scenery in Cali, it's mostly just your state govt that I can't stand. they damn near killed off two strokes for all of us and when I come visit my friends, the trails we rode are now closed.

I will say this about my home state, the Idaho you see from the Freeway isn't where the beauty is. And about a million ex Californians have moved here.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts