Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, revzilla has this bag for roughly $65.

I made an accidental find at Walmart (believe it or not!!) for the exact same bag, but branded by Coleman. For... $38!

Online they say it's by Paul Jr. Designs.

Either way, if you're looking for a small tank bag, this one is very well made, and you can save some money if the name on the bag doesn't matter to you.

Reactions: edgyver

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Did this fit well on your tank? I have the tech spec tank pads and the middle piece prevents the magnet from sticking.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It fits fine. It's really small, so the side flaps don't even go down the side of the tank.

Reactions: beck

·
Registered
768 Posts
Got any photos of it on the FZ?

·
Registered
260 Posts
So, revzilla has this bag for roughly $65.

I made an accidental find at Walmart (believe it or not!!) for the exact same bag, but branded by Coleman. For... $38!

Online they say it's by Paul Jr. Designs.

Either way, if you're looking for a small tank bag, this one is very well made, and you can save some money if the name on the bag doesn't matter to you.
I went to WalMart this morning searching for the bag. Here's what I found for $33.88:

2000007447a_500.jpg
I found the picture at the Mad Dog Gear site (by Coleman) with a price of $44.99 Magnetic Motorcycle Tank Bags ? Motorcycle Accessories | MadDog Gear™
As mentioned previously, it is a Paul Jr. design and it is quite small (9 in. x 8 in. x 5.12 in. or 22.86 cm x 20.32 cm x 13 cm). But, I can see a use for it as a cheap phone or GPS mount along with a few other items.

·
Registered
474 Posts
The Paul Jr. products are just not gruff and bitter enough for me, I only buy Paul Sr. gear lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bird76Mojo

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's the bag. Relooked at my receipt, and yeah, it was $33.

The one in the store doesn't have tge Paul Jr. name or graphics on it. But it's the same bag.

My bike is in the shop for tge ecu reflash this morning. I'll take a photo this afternoon of the bag on the bike.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I went to WalMart this morning searching for the bag. Here's what I found for $33.88:

View attachment 9915
I found the picture at the Mad Dog Gear site (by Coleman) with a price of $44.99 Magnetic Motorcycle Tank Bags ? Motorcycle Accessories | MadDog Gear™
As mentioned previously, it is a Paul Jr. design and it is quite small (9 in. x 8 in. x 5.12 in. or 22.86 cm x 20.32 cm x 13 cm). But, I can see a use for it as a cheap phone or GPS mount along with a few other items.
I bought that bag a couple of years ago at the MotoGP races and I love it for short jaunts. I put a SAE adapter in the front to charge any of my stuff with the right adapter ends that work with my Battery Tender USB adapter. The magnets line up fine with my tank. It will barely fit a pair of shoes for my work commutes. My rainsuit and baseball cap fit in it for the all day rides.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts