Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone own one of these?

Wondering how it fits on the FZ tank given it's kind of an odd shape. I also have a tank protector pad down the middle of the tank so was wondering if it could be mounted sideways and how it looks.

Cortech Micro Tank Bag - RevZilla

I think a stealership by me has them so i may check it out this weekend, otherwise was just curious if anyone has this now and can post some pics.

·
Registered
181 Posts
While we're on the subject of tank bags, does anyone want to post tank bags that they have had good luck with? Pictures would be great to see how they fid on our sexy fuel tank due to its unique shape. I suppose knowing what tank bags worked poorly could be just as useful too.

I'm looking into a tank bag and while I'm going to go to a few shops to check them out, a few ideas going into the process could be quite helpful.

JW

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
While we're on the subject of tank bags, does anyone want to post tank bags that they have had good luck with? Pictures would be great to see how they fid on our sexy fuel tank due to its unique shape. I suppose knowing what tank bags worked poorly could be just as useful too.

I'm looking into a tank bag and while I'm going to go to a few shops to check them out, a few ideas going into the process could be quite helpful.

JW
thread jacking - what the hell man?! just kidding :)

I've seen a few but they look massive - i want something really small i can throw my phone and wallet in and potentially ez pass and that's about it.

Have my ez pass under my windscreen right now and it's hit or miss on when it works as Davinci saw first hand :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Reviews indicated the phone pocket is too small. A couple say you can jam an iPhone in there with some people just saying an iPhone doesn't fit. I am not an iPhone owner but I do know they are awfully small compared to most smart phones so sounds like a poor design for these days. Love the idea but not picking one up if my phone isn't going to fit.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i actually have a galaxy note 2 (5.5" screen) at the moment so i'm not expecting my phone to fit in any designated "phone holder" - i was hoping to fit that in the larger covered compartment and put my ez pass in the clear part where the phone goes so that it actually reads the tolls.

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts