Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I rise my handle bar and now, the master was very inclined, i replace my brake line and fluid and i want to know what is the correct level for the brake fluid, i know that the top of the master need to be horizontaly but no max level line, only low level line???

I adjust like i think, i can see a small air bulb when the bike was horizontaly but i hear the pads dragging slightly on the disc but the brake feel increase with the upper brake fluid and the disc was not hot, only pads dragging noise slightly.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
just so long as its above the low line and there is a small gap at the top for the fluid to expand you should be fine...its not that critical

Reactions: edgyver

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
If the wheel spins freely and slowly stops on it's own you are good to go. Slight dragging noises are ok. When you fill the master reservoir, turn the bars as far to the right as you can to level it (usually with the bike on the side stand). Fill with enough fluid to hit the upper mark, just short of the top of the sight glass. As long as you have a slight air gap (you'll see a bubble of air in the top of the window), you should be good. As always, test before you ride... nothing more important than brakes!

·
Registered
768 Posts
If the wheel spins freely and slowly stops on it's own you are good to go. Slight dragging noises are ok. When you fill the master reservoir, turn the bars as far to the right as you can to level it (usually with the bike on the side stand). Fill with enough fluid to hit the upper mark, just short of the top of the sight glass. As long as you have a slight air gap (you'll see a bubble of air in the top of the window), you should be good. As always, test before you ride... nothing more important than brakes!
+1
A little air gap is better than too full.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts