Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Corbin gunfighter and lady. Go buy it. Stop reading, go order it, and come back.

This seat is a gift from the motorcycle God. I do a fair amount of riding, bought my bike about a month and a half ago and I'm at about 2500 miles. I can't use it for work, so this is mainly 60-80 mile rides after work and 100-150 miles a day on weekends. BC (before Corbin) I would get about 60 miles in before you'd start seeing me standing up a lot and shifting around the seat. I've also had my share of nutbusters coming down from a wheelie too hard..

As far as the ladies were concerned, they've all said that the seat seems comfortable, but 20 miles in they're hurting pretty bad, and that's with a non slip cover on the back.

So I ordered my Corbin, took about 4 weeks to arrive. First impressions were "heavy" and "wide". Firm, but super comfortable for both rider and pass, and will break in even more over time. It raises your ride height about 1.5", and that combined with the extra width was enough to take me from flat footed to tip toed with both feet on the ground. The height also required I turn my levers back a bit so I'm not straining my wrists. Seat was ready to drop onto the bike right out of the box. No hardware from the stock seat required.

First ride both myself and my girlfriend fell in love with the seat. Put 100 miles on and I didn't stand up once. I actually passed by some of my normal pit stops because I was too comfortable and didn't want to get off the bike lol. Absolutely zero soreness after the ride and it's not even broken in yet! And I suppose it's worth noting that it comes ready to accept any corbin backrest, which I didn't buy because they wanted an insane $280 bucks or something like that. I found an ebay seller that makes a compatible backrest for about $50, so if none of my biker buddies have a backrest that works lying around, I'll probably order that one.

The next day I did a little over 100mi solo, so I was riding a bit more aggressive. Feels great on one wheel, no slipping at all, and the extra width just makes you feel more stable. It's a bit harder to slide your butt off the side of the seat during hard leans as the seat kind of traps you in one spot, but it didn't bother me.

Worth every little penny. 200 miles in two days and if I didn't have a million errands to run I would've just kept riding. I'll be heading up to Laconia either this weekend or next and definitely looking forward to the long ride. There are zero downsides to this seat.

Why haven't you bought it yet?! Go go go!

Pics:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_lugb9AGe1-dXZIZEpwNGhSOVk/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_lugb9AGe1-Y2hBRE4wZU5SWVE/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_lugb9AGe1-RXpnSnZLUEpmUDQ/view?usp=sharing

Reactions: Flash and MoFZio

·
Registered
429 Posts
Not for me, but I'm interested in that mesh thing you have on the stock seat. Can you provide any more info?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've had it for a while, used it on a couple bikes. Was an ebay buy from the UK but if you search for "motorcycle passenger non-slip cover" you should find something similar. It basically drapes over the back and has a couple strings to tie beneath the seat. For a tighter hold I would normally staple it into the plastic but the stock seat really doesnt have enough meat to do that. It serves it's purpose as far as reducing helmet banging under breaking and such.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Thanks

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have about 2400 miles on my corbin seat. Changed my girlfriend's mind from hating the bike on the stocker to loving it. I feel you on the pit stops! Now it's just quick fuel ups and the rest of the day riding with none of that soreness. Longest ride so far was 320 miles and both I and the gf were ready to go for more distance.

Reactions: MoFZio

·
Registered
380 Posts
I have the Gunfighter solo and love it. Compared to the stock seat it is night and day. It has extended the distance of my rides and added tons of comfort.
20150414-2015-04-14 15.19.29.jpg

Reactions: MoFZio

·
Registered
509 Posts
I want one but $400 is a tough pill to swallow. That being said it will probably be my next investment.
If similar looks, but lower cost is your goal, you can get the Seat Concepts GP DIY kit for about $170. I don't have an after market seat though, so I can't speak to comfort of any of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
320 Posts
They do start a little firm, but after about 1k miles I don't even think about the seat anymore. It enters my mind no more than the seat of my car when I'm driving, it has plush support and looks great while doing it.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Asa....It also cost me $45 for the shipping to Massachusetts. My butt really appreciates the decision though. I also likes the way it contours with the frame.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's hard to find someone more budget conscious than me (I'm notorious for buying cheap Chinese parts over quality for my bikes) but this was absolutely worth it, no buyer's remorse whatsoever

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Not for me, but I'm interested in that mesh thing you have on the stock seat. Can you provide any more info?
That's a triboseat..they make it for the FZ09 as well. You can get it on Amazon. I use it on my SHAD seat as well. Works well.

·
Registered
635 Posts

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
^^^^ Great pics!

Which specific seat covering did you choose....???

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Me likes that Large Black Alligator :)

Reactions: Whirlwind
1 - 20 of 32 Posts