Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

Would you be interested in a Corbin seat?

• Yes

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Meh, not really

Votes: 7 53.8%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an appointment at the Corbin seat factory next week to have my seat rebuilt (they use my pan & upholstery, but change the foam and shape).

My hope is to convince them that they should manufacture a seat for the 09 (I'm totally willing to offer up my bike, for however long they need it, in order for them to design a replacement).

I would like to guage interest level within the FZ-09 community so I have some feel for potential demand (to help my case, or know if I should just drop it).

Some people like Corbin seats, some don't... personally, I think Corbin makes a great product and I've had one of their seats on just about every bike I've owned.

·
Vendor
2,395 Posts
If they can promise not to make it heavier than stock... I'd be very interested.
I need a seat that will be comfortable for my wife as the passenger.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I had better luck with Sergeant seats than Corbin, but I am going with Seat Concepts this time around. I don't take passengers so I understand your need for something more appropriate.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Corbin seats are very hard are they not , I will use Russell seats as l know they work even though they look odd

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
I jump in the band waggon last night. There's a lot of foam to play with. I wrote down the thickness on this pic. I was going to use some gel oad but just by reshaping the seat I got it comfy enough to use a simple 1/2 pad. Still need to test it before I get it all covered. Might ride with a trash bag/duct tape seat for few days... lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts