Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
Clever.
This has come up here. Ride or not ride?
I'm thinking that if I'm in full gear it's almost like a hazmat suit, and if I don't stop on the way what's the harm?
Our cops are saying that if you breakdown or have an accident, you are putting emergency services at risk.
But that has always been the case, it's part of their job to deal with patients with things like HIV, Hepatitis C and various other lurgies that they don't know about.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Yeah, I call B.S. that it shook off the toolbox.

As for the theme, if the weather would cooperate, I'm riding. I'd rather take the chance on dying than not riding, which I guess is kind of self evident by the very nature of motorcycling.

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
93 Posts
I'm riding....no different than someone going for a walk or bike ride or whatever.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I think the rationale against riding is that if something unfortunate would happen youd be using the resources and man power that could go to help someone with COVID. My sister spent 3 weeks on a respirator.

I wouldn't want to have to be the person who takes a respirator from someone who unwillingly contracted the virus just because I wanted to ride.

That being said, I feel most of the people from our merry crew are a little safer and smarter than most. If you choose to ride, stay smart, stay safe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts