Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Been in California all my life.

Love the weather, especially since you can pretty much ride all year long.

It's just the insane politics that I cant stand. Oh well, momma told me there would be days like this.

Hope you enjoy the photos.

tobucket.com/albums/a531/hawkerjet/IMG_2450_zpse82ccaa9.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

·
Registered
30 Posts
You realize there are a whole bunch of us that are not nearly so fortunate and are most envious!?!?!?!?! I'll be visiting my daughter in LA at Christmas, can I stop by and borrow your FZ? JK! Anyplace I can rent one??? No interest in riding in town, but to ride some of the mountain roads would be sooooooo nice. Yes you are very fortunate to be where you are. BTW, politics suck all over.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Nice pics. Love California too. Couldn't ask for more perfect riding weather (year round). :cool:

For all you guys getting into the winter months....I am sorry.

Reactions: MoFZio

·
Registered
462 Posts
Ken, check out racy rentals in LA. Great place to rent a bike from (they have fz's). I had a great experience with them when I visited LA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
109 Posts
South bay area here! Get it!!

·
Registered
852 Posts
Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Motorcycle accessories

Very interesting. 4 Orange, 4 LG's and 1 (one) R-E-D!!! Hands down, we win! Red is the best color!

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
View attachment 10900

Very interesting. 4 Orange, 4 LG's and 1 (one) R-E-D!!! Hands down, we win! Red is the best color!
Actually I cheated with this photo. It was taken up in Washington state.

Nobody had any FZ09's in California at the time. I was on a waiting list and got tired of waiting so I could pay 2k above list price.

Bought mine in Oregon thanks to my sis who lives in Eugene.

Not what cha know... but who ya know!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Very good stuff. I do believe riders in Colorado (and a few other states) feel the same about their locales. BTW, when I was a kid in Kansas, California was mecca for hot rods. Didn't see any in the pictures.

·
Premium Member
2,935 Posts
Ya all gotta agree-----life is pretty good!
Love the pictures, thanks HJ

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Is this photo overlooking the corner on Mulholland Drive the one featured on the "rnickeymouse" website?rnickymouse failure Mulholland fest - ADVrider
That pic is our local "moto gp track" aka hi way 33 out of Ojai California. 38 miles of pure melt your tires delight.

The Mulholand spot you speak of is also in my pics. It's the one with the rock wall in the back ground. Below is the famous snake. The snake is in a different league than the 33. Snake is short, just a few miles, and crazy crowded on weekends. And loaded with da Poe Poe.

I rode the 33 last Saturday and only passed a few cars. During the week it is empty.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Some of us live there and enjoy everything including the politics. Awesome place to live. It was my choice hands down and I have been in all of the 50 states and worked in 39 of them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts