Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My FZ came with Bridgestones. The rear was replaced at 5,400 miles. As an experiment, I used the Contimotion. I bought it for $96 shipped, from a vendor on Ebay. I've got 6,600 miles on the bike now, and it is time to replace the front. I have been so pleased with the Conti on the rear, that I have just ordered on for the front at $70 shipped (Ebay). I have also ordered another front and rear set for $160 shipped. I'll be using them at a upcoming track day at VIR. I live in the mountains, with many great roads. I have pleasantly surprised by these tires. If you frugal (i.e. cheap) like me, or you just don't have a lot of extra funds at the moment, you may consider these tires. Dave

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
They are great for the pice when it's dry out there. Just take it very easy in the wet. I had few moments and end up swapping them with Angels GT.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Although I have no personal experience with the brand, I've heard a lot of negative things about the brands more "budget-oriented" tires, and that the only ones that are any good at all are their uber-premium-high-end tires, such as the RoadAttack 2, SportAttack 2, and RaceAttack 2.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Conti Motions are plenty good enough for serious corner carving ..in the dry. They warm up quick on the street and work well at full lean angles. However they are not a good track day tire for Intermediate or Expert Class track use.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I had conti motion on my suzuki bandit touring bike.... front lasted 7k, rear 5k....but its a heavy bike..550 lb bike...but with lighter bike,,,,might last longer....It was mostly commuting but weekends canyons...not aggressive rider.... damn thing was grippy enough and cheap.... no problems....I think its better then BT23..... definitely a bang for buck tires if you do your own install....no labor cost....

·
Registered
666 Posts
Hey Thantos, keep us updated on how these pan out on the 09. I'd like to see if they might work out for some aggressive canyon carving in the dry. Pressures, temps, road surfaces, riding style would all be good things to know in order for us to make an informed decision.
Thanks!

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Hey Thantos, keep us updated on how these pan out on the 09. I'd like to see if they might work out for some aggressive canyon carving in the dry. Pressures, temps, road surfaces, riding style would all be good things to know in order for us to make an informed decision.
Thanks!
I put about 3K on my set. I use 28/30 cold and it was fine. Might need to tweak that for your riding style. In the dry riding the twisties you won't see the end of it knve warm up. But in the cold... I had wheel spin at 60 MPG 3rd gear 1/2 throttle! Rubber is hard and warm up enough in the dry but not for the cold.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts