Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
the 99% is now 100%....its for sale... :)

99% certain the FZ09 is going down the road to help with purchasing a vehicle I have long wanted to have..I am going to get back into the 5.0 mustang club after a long hiatus......I am in SE MN and am only wanting to get out of bike what is left on the loan..6500.00
2200miles. The new CCT is sitting at dealership waiting to be picked up....it will need new tire in rear at beginning of next year just like all the other 09s that hit 2000miles mine is starting to be flat spotted....no issues with bike...Graves fender elim....USB port...Ram mount....all else stock....

if interested let me know....

·
Registered
74 Posts
WOW....a lot of people are selling the fz09...here and local craiglist....used fz09 bikes are popping up on craiglist lately, often for cheap here in socal....

I wonder why the upswing in selling off the fz09...???

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
WOW....a lot of people are selling the fz09...here and local craiglist....used fz09 bikes are popping up on craiglist lately, often for cheap here in socal....

Right now there's not a lot of supply. I don't know if guys are getting their asking price but it seems like they are given there aren't many new ones available and there's still a lot of buzz about the bike. No idea if the above is true but just my theory.

To the op glws and that new American muscle!

·
Banned
3,470 Posts

A lot...??? Maybe a few more than the "none" we're used to seeing. Regardless of the quantity, this may be nothing more than man's fleeting fascination with Sexy New Toys....and now just a case of....Been there Done that.....

·
Registered
111 Posts
A lot...??? Maybe a few more than the "none" we're used to seeing. Regardless of the quantity, this may be nothing more than man's fleeting fascination with Sexy New Toys....and now just a case of....Been there Done that.....
I'm that kind of guy ..... Been there done it ..... But I was out for a ride tonight and I have to say I HAD A BLAST !!!!!!!!! this bike is just fun to ride !!!!! No time soon is it going up for sale.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I'm that kind of guy ..... Been there done it ..... But I was out for a ride tonight and I have to say I HAD A BLAST !!!!!!!!! this bike is just fun to ride !!!!! No time soon is it going up for sale.
I've had more bikes that I've regretted selling than ones i've been happy to see go.

Regretted Selling:
'84 RZ 350 (had 2 of em)
'93 DR 350
'00 ZRX 1100
'09 WR250X

Not so much:
'91 ZX6
'13 Husqvarna TR 650

Wish I still had em all. methinks I'll be keeping the FZ-09 for a while..

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Id love to keep it but i want to get back into a mustang. Shouldnt have driven my buddies 2011. :)

·
Registered
213 Posts
Id love to keep it but i want to get back into a mustang. Shouldnt have driven my buddies 2011. :)
I love both sports cars and bikes and a couple of times I have sold a bike thinking that the sports car would fill the void, but nothing on 4 wheels compares to the thrill of a sport bike and I always end up getting another bike. Good luck whatever route you take!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My better half loves riding but the fz09 isnt comfy enough for her on long rides. Could get a gold wing but boring!!! So convertible stang it is. If i can swing it i might just get rid of the rzr570 and keep bike. We will see. :)

Reactions: beck

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
PM'd..

·
Registered
957 Posts
I can't see myself getting rid of it in the near future. I will definitely at least be holding onto it for the duration of the extended warranty. But to say I'll keep mine forever? No.

That being said, one thing I do know is that the next bike I buy won't need a host of upgrades just to fix what was wrong with it from the factory. I don't regret investing the money into upgrading the suspension on the FZ. But I won't be doing it again next time around.

I'll be sticking with Japanese bikes though just because European manufacturers are too unreliable and have too sparse a dealer network.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
I can't see myself getting rid of it in the near future. I will definitely at least be holding onto it for the duration of the extended warranty. But to say I'll keep mine forever? No.

That being said, one thing I do know is that the next bike I buy won't need a host of upgrades just to fix what was wrong with it from the factory. I don't regret investing the money into upgrading the suspension on the FZ. But I won't be doing it again next time around.

I'll be sticking with Japanese bikes though just because European manufacturers are too unreliable and have too sparse a dealer network.
I hear you. Minor looks and function things will be something I always change but major changes like suspension I'd prefer to work better out of the box next time. Next time is a way aways though :)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
bike1.jpg bike2.jpg bike3.jpg bike4.jpg

pics....had a seat made at upholstery shop....2400miles now...im still riding it and will until it sells if someone wants it...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
anyone?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
for sale....now has just over 4000 miles....new pilot power rear tire....

thx!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Are you going with a few 5.0 Stang, Coyote style or are you heading back to the small block days of the Fox Body? Good luck with the sale... I too am still working on my Stang...

·
Registered
309 Posts
My better half loves riding but the fz09 isnt comfy enough for her on long rides. Could get a gold wing but boring!!! So convertible stang it is. If i can swing it i might just get rid of the rzr570 and keep bike. We will see. :)
We can swap our bikes with 08FZ6, it is a wonderful bike for long rides and had enough power too.
Let me know if you're up for a trade :thumbup: ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts