Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,

I have been contemplating on getting the FZ-09. I have an 09 R6 with 3k miles and a Yamaha WR 250X Motard with 600 miles. I was wondering if it would be worth trading these two bikes in on the FZ? The reason for trading both is i do not want a payment and was hoping for somewhere close to an even trade. Would i be making a mistake in getting rid of these for the FZ? I also have a 12 Ducati streetfighter that i plan on keeping.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Hello all,

I have been contemplating on getting the FZ-09. I have an 09 R6 with 3k miles and a Yamaha WR 250X Motard with 600 miles. I was wondering if it would be worth trading these two bikes in on the FZ? The reason for trading both is i do not want a payment and was hoping for somewhere close to an even trade. Would i be making a mistake in getting rid of these for the FZ? I also have a 12 Ducati streetfighter that i plan on keeping.
I miss my WR 250x. where do you live, and how much do you want?

Reactions: Horsman

·
Registered
619 Posts
Kingsport TN

Hoping for somewhere around 4k
Put it on cycletrader. i got 4k for my '09 with 2.2k miles. it had a power commander and a braided brake line. That thing looks mint, and has a pipe+ mods!

Reactions: Brvt1000

·
Registered
619 Posts
Oh, and to answer your question. No, I don't think you're making a mistake with the FZ. I'm glad I got mine, and I plan on keeping it for a long time. puts a grin on my face every time i throw a leg over her.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Put it on cycletrader. i got 4k for my '09 with 2.2k miles. it had a power commander and a braided brake line. That thing looks mint, and has a pipe+ mods!
I'm just afraid i will regret getting rid of both for the FZ. I had a FZ8 and i loved that bike... ended up trading it for the Ducati streetfigher. I have wished i had that bike back ever since i traded it.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I'm just afraid i will regret getting rid of both for the FZ.
I miss the lightweight and good handling of my WR. The FZ needs suspension work, it doesn't feel like it's on rails the way the WR did, and it's got ground clearance issues if you want to run up stairs and jump curbs etc. All I can say is, having only one bike, i'm glad it's the FZ.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I love my FZ-09, but I think your current collection covers the bases of a streetfighter with the Ducati, off-road potential with the 250 and a supersport with the R6. If you only have the Ducati and FZ, you'll basically have two streetfighter bikes. So the question is, are you ready to give up your supersport and off-road capability?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wait... get rid of the Duc... ALL YAMAHA GARAGE.
If i still didnt owe a fortune on the Duc i would my friend. I just traded for it last summer.

Tripleblaze said:
I love my FZ-09, but I think your current collection covers the bases of a streetfighter with the Ducati, off-road potential with the 250 and a supersport with the R6. If you only have the Ducati and FZ, you'll basically have two streetfighter bikes. So the question is, are you ready to give up your supersport and off-road capability?
...And here is where the problem lies. I think i could give up the supersport better than i could the off road/sidewalk/stair capability. I just want something comfy that i can ride all day.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Wr250x is a fun bike but you will really have a blast with the FZ-09 (it is chocked full of shenanigans that are cheeky and fun).

The torque is just crazy
I had both the wr250r and the R6
I wish I had a huge garage, I would keep one of each bike.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Nice bikes dude, I would keep all of them if I could.

How do you like that Graves exhaust on the WR? The ADSD system on that exhaust is pretty trick, read the tech docs on it once and was blown away at how well it modulates back pressure on the engine.

If you get the FZ-09 and tune properly you can get the same or better low-mid range performance of a stock R6.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Nice bikes dude, I would keep all of them if I could.

How do you like that Graves exhaust on the WR? The ADSD system on that exhaust is pretty trick, read the tech docs on it once and was blown away at how well it modulates back pressure on the engine.

If you get the FZ-09 and tune properly you can get the same or better low-mid range performance of a stock R6.
The graves system was definately worth what i paid for it. I added the PC5 with autotune and its a totally different bike now. I love the bikes i have now but i guess the thing thats pushing me towards the FZ is that all my friends and family have nice comfy bikes with plenty of storage and can take these long all day trips. I'm kinda to the point where i want a sporty bike with a comfortable riding position.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Their FZ-09 products did the same for me. Off the line, I can outrun an R6 but thats about it. The FZ-09 has top speed limitations.

·
Registered
213 Posts
The graves system was definately worth what i paid for it. I added the PC5 with autotune and its a totally different bike now. I love the bikes i have now but i guess the thing thats pushing me towards the FZ is that all my friends and family have nice comfy bikes with plenty of storage and can take these long all day trips. I'm kinda to the point where i want a sporty bike with a comfortable riding position.
While the FZ is more comfortable than a supersport bike, all day trips will still be uncomfortable for many. A seat upgrade and likely a windscreen will be needed to think about all day trips. The FZ is not a laid-back cushy cruiser no matter how you slice it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
While the FZ is more comfortable than a supersport bike, all day trips will still be uncomfortable for many. A seat upgrade and likely a windscreen will be needed to think about all day trips. The FZ is not a laid-back cushy cruiser no matter how you slice it.
Dont want laid back cruiser style... Looking for more my old FZ8 style. I tried a Yamaha raider, had it for about a year a let it go! Definately wasnt my style!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts