Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I am new here and this is my first post so apologies if this isn't the right place to ask.

I recently got a 2021 MT09 (in the USA if it matters) and was looking at adding heated grips. I like the OEM ones that can plug in directly to the provided ports which then allow you to control the temperature directly using the motorcycle screen. I prefer not connecting something directly to the battery although given that something like oxfords come with the smart electronics for shut off.

I am not able to find these oem grips anywhere though so was looking at other brands like oxfords. I was wondering if it would be easy to figure out a way to connect something like oxfords to the provided port directly in order to have the motorcycle unit control the temperature and avoid directly connecting to the battery. Has anyone done anything like this before?

Thanks y'all and excited to discussing more about the bike here!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I ran into this as well. Read the manual and saw the section on hand warmers and the integration with the wheel button and the TFT. Sounded cool and I love my heated steering wheel in my Jeep so I figured I’d really love them on my MT09. I called a couple dealers inquiring about getting them but they didn’t have any info about it. I’m guessing the option is not offered in US yet. I could probably find them from a European or Asian source but haven’t got around to it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
This source in Germany will ship them to USA. That's where I got my set and they install and work beautifully.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Thanks for documenting. Looking forward to this. I've ordered mine as well, but a bit nervous about the install.

I've been watching these threads hoping for more updates.
Installation is very straight forward and if you think you wouldn't use the roll forward throttle then you don't need to mod it ... I've left it as it is and tap the brake when I want to disengage the cruise ,mine is an SP.
Aleks

·
Registered
28 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.