Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Congratulations to V2bob for beating triplethreat on forum posts.

Looks like our moderator is slackin!

Cheers

-Z

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
Yea, between all you guys and gals being on such good behavior and me having dental surgery that put me out of commission for a few days, I have been slackin a bit. Congrats Bob!

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
The worst thing about the procedure (titanium implants for an upper denture) was the between the high dosage of Ibuprofin and the Amoxicillin anti-biotic, it has kept me sick at my stomach for the last week. I'm off of both of them now.

Thanks for the well wishes Bob!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The worst thing about the procedure (titanium implants for an upper denture) was the between the high dosage of Ibuprofin and the Amoxicillin anti-biotic, it has kept me sick at my stomach for the last week. I'm off of both of them now.

Thanks for the well wishes Bob!
Glad to hear you are on the recovery!

I had a friend pass from a bacterial infection after she had her wisdom teeth removed in our senior year of high school, so those antibiotics are vital. Dental surgery is no joke, but at least you chose a good time since the weather hasn't been very conducive for riding.

Reactions: triplethreat

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
Glad to hear you are on the recovery!

I had a friend pass from a bacterial infection after she had her wisdom teeth removed in our senior year of high school, so those antibiotics are vital. Dental surgery is no joke, but at least you chose a good time since the weather hasn't been very conducive for riding.
Wow! I've heard of that, although it's obviously pretty rare. My first track day is March 7/8 at Jennings, so I've still got two weeks before that and hopefully there will be no issues still at that time. This soft food/liquid diet, with protein drinks for supplements, has caused me to lose about 8lbs, which ain't a bad thing. I'm going out riding today for a while....suppose to be 64 degrees in E. TN today/tomorrow. Hope I can remember which side is the brakes and which side is the clutch! :cool:

Reactions: v2Bob and zloikish

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I need to do a track day, I'm tired of speed limits.

Reactions: v2Bob

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
Careful there, they are totally addicting and you will have more fun than you can imagine.........with clothes on!

Reactions: zloikish

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Careful there, they are totally addicting and you will have more fun than you can imagine.........with clothes on!
So kind of like owning this bike, too much fun, every accessory or upgrade is needed, and riding is the best addiction of them all.

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
It really is addicting to most people. There is a saying out there in the track day world. Instead of "hooked on crack"......."Hooked on track!" My wife and I usually do between 16 to 18 track days a year and I'm always sad when the end of the season comes. I just can't get enough of them, but I have to take into account the finances too! Too bad I wasn't born rich instead of so good looking! :evil6:

Reactions: zloikish

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
After I started doing track days I had to add a couple of things to the Remember list. Shut mouth and swallow saliva. I was concentrating so hard that I'd forget and start drooling.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Wow! I've heard of that, although it's obviously pretty rare. My first track day is March 7/8 at Jennings, so I've still got two weeks before that and hopefully there will be no issues still at that time. This soft food/liquid diet, with protein drinks for supplements, has caused me to lose about 8lbs, which ain't a bad thing. I'm going out riding today for a while....suppose to be 64 degrees in E. TN today/tomorrow. Hope I can remember which side is the brakes and which side is the clutch! :cool:
Hey Vern...have you done Jennings before? What were your lap times...and try not to lie...ha ha. . Last time I was there it was in 2006 and best I could do was a 1:29.7.

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
Hey Vern...have you done Jennings before? What were your lap times...and try not to lie...ha ha. . Last time I was there it was in 2006 and best I could do was a 1:29.7.
Actually, this will be my very first time at that track. STT runs there in Dec. every year, but I have not been to it before. This track day that I'm doing on Friday is a private day that is put on by some of the folks on the Public Discussion Forums forum. This will be be the sixth year of doing it (and maybe the last for a while) and I figured I better jump on it this time instead of saying....."I need to do that one of these years". Some of the guys on that forum, I've know for better than 12 years....some of them I've never met in person, just on the fourm. The guy that is the one that organized it, I've known for better than 10 years on the forum and I finally met him at Barber last Sept/Oct.

The lap record at Jennings, set by Geoff May, is like 1:14.xx, so I'm gonna try to NOT break that record and attract a lot of undue attention. Shouldn't be too hard to NOT break that record! :cool:

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Vern..
Geoff May's Jennings track record was broken by both Luca Scassa and Matt Lynn on MV Auguta's on the same day. It was again broken after that by somebody I can't remember the name...but it's now in the high 13's. Just guessing but I don't think you'll be coming too close to that.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
hope you're healing well, triple. Had a mens' conference at church last couple days, so I'm checking back in, m'self.

I need to do a "bring home my new bike day". Weather is dropping right back down again thanks to that big cold-air mass coming down from the north...

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
You mean... you can get implant doo-dads??? :O ;)
I can rent you mine for the weekdays...but I need them back for the weekends.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts