·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: MoFZio

·
Registered
511 Posts
A moped oh yippee not fast enough ha ha.

·
Registered
4,630 Posts
Yuck, poo-ee! Not on my watch.

485 lbs, 50 hp maybe and automatic trans. How boring can it get?

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
A moped oh yippee not fast enough ha ha.
Just so you know the word MOPED comes from combining two words. MO for Motor...and PED for pedal. A moped is a motor driven two wheel vehicle with PEDALS like a bicycle. The PEDALS are cranked by your feet to start forward and then the auto clutch takes over and transfers power to the rear wheel.

If the two wheeled vehicle does not have pedals....it is not a Moped.

·
Registered
885 Posts
MO for Motor...and PED for pedal.
Nice catch, CD. A long-time 250cc and 600cc scooter rider, I have conversed with many who did not grasp the difference between motorcycles, scooters and mopeds.

Yamaha marketed the 500cc T-Max in the USA for one model year, 2009. Although not a big success then, Yamaha must have some reason to believe the 530cc version will be more successful this time around. Some believe Yamaha focused too much on 'scooter' rather than 'sport' when marketing the T-Max in the USA six years ago. Although not in the market for another scooter of any type, I hope the 'sport scooter' scores this time around.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
They've been here in Aus for quite a while. I was chatting to a guy parked next to me who had one, he was asking about the MT.
He had a few other "normal" bikes (gsxr'so, etc) but liked the lazy and comfortable aspect of the TMax to commute on.
Enough power that it felt like a bike not a 50cc scooter, but still lazy and upright like a scooter. It is effing massive, though.

Maybe when I'm an old person.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Yeah, but I've had my scaphoid, tib, fib, femur and now radius screwed back together.

I really don't understand the attraction of auto on a bike.
I have an auto car, because, well, it's a car - its for getting from a to b warm and dry, and carrying stuff, like kids. Or aftermarket exhaust systems for your bike.
Bikes are fun, all the time.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, but I've had my scaphoid, tib, fib, femur and now radius screwed back together.

I really don't understand the attraction of auto on a bike.
I have an auto car, because, well, it's a car - its for getting from a to b warm and dry, and carrying stuff, like kids. Or aftermarket exhaust systems for your bike.
Bikes are fun, all the time.
The vast majority of those interested in exploring life on two wheels have absolutely no clue or ability about how to ride a MC....This is why the market for automatics is virtually unlimited. Easier said than done when it comes to getting a MC Endorcement is an understatement.....They don't know what they're missing.:cool:

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
cowboys rode horses, farmers had a horse and cart.

don't look too deep into this anology, though, cowboys also wore chaps.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Just so you know the word MOPED comes from combining two words. MO for Motor...and PED for pedal. A moped is a motor driven two wheel vehicle with PEDALS like a bicycle. The PEDALS are cranked by your feet to start forward and then the auto clutch takes over and transfers power to the rear wheel.

If the two wheeled vehicle does not have pedals....it is not a Moped.
Thank you for the knowledge I'll make sure from now on to check with you before I discuss an thing MOPED on here lol.Have a nice day.

Reactions: Tigershark

·
Registered
885 Posts
This is why the market for automatics is virtually unlimited.
Good point, Steve. Although large (i.e. greater than 250cc) scooters usually haven't sold well in the USA, manufacturers want to not only gain a greater share of the existing market but to increase the total market. Automatics incorporated into more traditional motorcycle designs aren't new, but the market has provided several models recently.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I like that Yamaha finds new niches in the market to capitalize on. The FZ09 and 7 are big hits and looks like they're on a roll.

Reactions: Steve101

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Or go get yourself a new Honda NM4, yet another automatic motorcycle/scooter/????, which has got to be the ummmmmm weirdest looking thing on two wheels?

2015-Honda-NM4-Action-0632-547x389.jpg

Then you can go into the business of smuggling watermelons??? lol

2015-Honda-NM4-Storage-Melon-518x389.jpg

Reactions: Steve101

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Or go get yourself a new Honda NM4, yet another automatic motorcycle/scooter/????, which has got to be the ummmmmm weirdest looking thing on two wheels?

View attachment 14153

Then you can go into the business of smuggling watermelons??? lol

View attachment 14154
LMAOOO

Funnier than that, a buddy who I often ride with bought one when they 1st came out cuz he wanted to be the 1st in Florida to own one...I still think he's the Only one in Florida that actually owns one, lol. Truth be told, He continually tells me why he Loves everything about that bike and its power/versatility.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 24 Posts