Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vehicle Tire Footwear Bicycle saddle Carbon Picked up this seat from the Yamaha dealer. Part number is 1RC-F47CO-V0-OO. $296.99. I was able to get a 25% percent discount and dropped it down to $222. They had it here at a warehouse in Cyrpess CA to just one day delivery to my dealership. It is very similar to the original with some better padding. The padding seems a bit thicker and more dense. Not a huge difference here but had to have it. Couldn't get Yamaha corporate customer relations to tell me anything about the specs just that it's a comfort seat designed for longer rides. I do have my old seat that I can use to have a custom seat made like what some guys have done over at seat concepts. (You used your old plastic seat pan) I really didn't want to rip the cover and foam off my original seat and ship it off to the seat shop. This way I can change at my leisure and have a bike to ride.

New versus old. Left side is the new seat. I noticed on the MT09 comfort seat it has the MT09 letters branded into the back of the seat. They didn't do that with the FZ09.
Footwear Shoe High heels Boot Leather

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Have you tested the new seat out on longer rides yet? How much better is it than stock? This was one of the upgrades on my list, so I'm curious to know if you think it was worth the price you paid. :)

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just got the seat on and went for 1 hour ride. The seat does feel slightly better. Not quite as firm. The stock seat felt very thin. I'm not sure if it's worth the money for everyone. I do think it looks better on the bike. It was worth it to me because I didn't have to down my bike while waiting for a custom seat. I'll ride again tomorrow morning and update more.

·
Registered
570 Posts
The stock seat does feel like a plank; in cases like this it makes me think the manufacturers deliberately make the stock seat uncomfortable so they can pump up sales of accessories.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Was there a color option on the stitching? Because the original accessory sheet Yamaha put out showed a picture of the seat with black stitching and then in the description it says "Stylish, detailed red accent stitching."

·
Registered
57 Posts
The new seat looks nice....Where did you buy the seat? Dealership or online? 25 percent off sounds good to me.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No options for stitching. It has a small tag along the left side that says comfort. The passenger portion of the seat seems virtually the same except that weave pattern on the sides.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bought the seat at dealer. Mission motor sports in Irvine CA. Great parts guy. He gave me a coupon they normally give away at supercross in Anaheim. Going in right now.

·
Registered
646 Posts
It looks like they leveled the seat out a bit. Did you notice any difference in the slide into the tank.
Can you take a side by side edge on photo of both, with perhaps the old seat in front of the new so we can see if the seat is in fact leveled out
Thanks for the post

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
So by 'slightly better' after 1-hour ride, do you mean you butt didn't hurt as much compared to OEM seat?

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes I rode the bike over 200 miles on Sunday. The old seat felt like a board! The new seat is not really built up to prevent sliding into the tank. I would probably go custom if you want extreme comfort but this bike will never be a touring machine.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just found out from a wise man on this forum that my Yamaha comfort seat is very likely made by Corbin. This explains why it still feels pretty firm. I guess Corbin makes stuff for Yamaha.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I use my airhawk for long rides, expensive but I can use it on all my bikes and it's adjustable

·
Registered
7 Posts
The stock seat is a pain in the gonads. Cannot imagine riding a long distance on that thing. Think I'm going check out the "day long" seat. Don't care if its ugly, I want comfort.

·
Registered
734 Posts
The stock seat is a pain in the gonads. Cannot imagine riding a long distance on that thing. Think I'm going check out the "day long" seat. Don't care if its ugly, I want comfort.
I have used russel , but this time I got a cee bailys I think its going go work very well , loks cool too . No pics I cant get in the basement yet , maybe next week , leg still very sore

·
Registered
206 Posts
I just finished a 3200km trip in 7 days on the stock seat.
my behind is in recovery mode.
The pitch is what kills me. It has lots of room to move around, so that's ok

1 - 20 of 42 Posts