Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pardon this if I missed one somewhere, but does anyone on this forum have an orange FZ? I was hoping to see some owner posted pics, but I don't recall any other than the graphite or red so far. Have the blaze orange bikes been released? Just wondering. :tongue4:

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
The Portuguese dude was riding an orange MT in his review, honestly I thought it looked like a nice color. We're not supposed to see orange here in the US until spring though

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I saw a few MT-09 pics, but wasn't sure if the US version was going to be the same. It seems that the studio pics on the yamaha site don't look like real life. I didn't think I liked the red until I saw all the owner posted pics, and it looks pretty darn cool. Ours aren't due in until spring, and the dealer here doesn't really think he'll be getting an orange one. But just in case I want to have my mind made up in advance. Thanks for all the input.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I'm super happy with the red and in the direct sunlight the metallic flake is really cool. It's subtle enough out of direct sun that I didn't even notice the metal flake. Plus I like the stripes on the tank. I honk that's what sold me.

Daniel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm super happy with the red and in the direct sunlight the metallic flake is really cool. It's subtle enough out of direct sun that I didn't even notice the metal flake. Plus I like the stripes on the tank. I honk that's what sold me.

Daniel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I really like the look of the red in the owner pics. Is the black stripe a "sticker" or is permanently painted on? Thanks. It's pictures only for me, since we aren't getting them until spring time. :(

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
That is just a stock photograph. I bet they do not have it in stock. My dealers were advertising them on Cycle Trader before they even received one.
I called a place in Indiana that had all 3 colors listed, and they said they have software that automatically uploads to Cycle Trader based on what they "could" have in inventory, so I, too, doubt they actually have one in stock.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I really like the look of the red in the owner pics. Is the black stripe a "sticker" or is permanently painted on? Thanks. It's pictures only for me, since we aren't getting them until spring time. :(
The stripes are permanent... I think they add a nice touch. :)

·
Registered
235 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks Rider. That would lead me to believe it could be removed like any other decal. I like the orange, and would like it without a stripe. Colors will change anyway I suppose. I'm probably holding out to 2015 or 2016. Getting back in with a mid-weight bike next summer.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
... I'm probably holding out to 2015 or 2016. Getting back in with a mid-weight bike next summer.
That sounds like a solid plan... but if you end up test driving one... well, let's just say plans can change. ;) The rabbit, sorry... "RAPID red" is much more striking in person than in any photograph I've seen. I imagine the orange is amazing, but I haven't had the privilege of gazing upon one yet... When you see those stripes, you might just like them! :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts