Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
One of the members had his whole bike painted black, but I haven't seen anybody do it with orange yet. I personally like the matte black rear sections on the graphite and orange bikes.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I have an orange hugger on order. I would consider having the front done if it was available....

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I have seen pics of it before. Ill try and dig em up.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I was wondering if I could find a close color from plastidip and try it. I can always peel it off if I don't like it

·
Registered
280 Posts
Thanks, I was wondering if I could find a close color from plastidip and try it. I can always peel it off if I don't like it
You can always use plasti dip as the primer, and paint over, will still peel off.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Personally, if I owned an Orange one, I'd have the wheels painted Orange to match the tank...ala Honda Repsol edition!

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I took my Rapid Red to a body shop and had it scanned to paint the solo cowl. They did not have the color code on file with their paint supplier. The red and orange are a multi stage process and have a gold color metal flake, so your average painter cannot duplicate the color. Mine is very close but the metal flake is a tad larger than the stock base , something that only I can notice.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts