Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered some vinyl the other day. It's an Oracal product. It's 631 grade. Color name is "Dark Blue Matte" and it matches the wheels really well. Just info some might like.

·
Registered
406 Posts
If you intend to use that on the bike you may be disappointed. 631 is Exhibition Cal Vinyl. It is meant for more temporary indoors applications.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
24v, yea, I know it isnt their super long lasting stuff, but I have used it on other bikes and it lasts pretty well. In my opinion, the nice thing about vinyl is that it allows you to change colors without permanent effect. It might not last 3 years, but who cares? Put more on, or just rip it off. I'm not sure what I am going to do with it yet, we shall see.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Oh believe me I understand the uses for vinyl, I have a cutter here at home. Just saying that particular line of vinyl is not meant for outdoors. 651, or 751 would be better suited for your application.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ha, 24v, you are totally correct. I looked at my other rolls and they are 651. I wonder if they do this color in 651, I'll have to check. Either way, I went and put this stuff on the bike. What do you think?

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle

·
Registered
39 Posts
This is Gloss Cosmic Blue from 3M.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motorcycle Fuel tank

·
Registered
39 Posts
Here's another!
Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Tire Scooter

1 - 14 of 14 Posts