Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike was stored in non heated garage (-15 to -35 celcius in winter) and i buy a olhins rear shock and i want to be sure that the cold storage will not damage it, anywone can tell me if cold can damage it or if there are no problems with it, i can re-install my oem during storage but if i can avoid it, i will keep it in place!

·
Registered
280 Posts
I wouldn't expect there to be any issues, bikes aren't that fragile. You'd have to have a shock full of water to cause any damage. I'd store the bike with heet or sta bil to prevent any fueling issues though

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have never heard of any damage being done too suspension in the cold, I have always kept my bikes in cold garages and have never had a problem. All I do is fill the tank with 94 octane add stabilizer and toss my battery on a battery tender.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
I have never heard of any damage being done too suspension in the cold, I have always kept my bikes in cold garages and have never had a problem. All I do is fill the tank with 94 octane add stabilizer and toss my battery on a battery tender.
Ditto...

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Good grief....Ohlins shocks are made in SWEDEN. Last time I checked it gets mighty cold there.

Reactions: MoFZio
1 - 5 of 5 Posts