Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I blast off this morning for a run on the 33. Turned onto the on ramp for 101 South.

Wide open in 2nd til I feel the front wheel begin to do its tap dance, then lean back and loft it towards the moon. Love those power wheelies and this bike does them great.

Shift into 6th and still feeling the adrenalin rush, I begin to think "How cool is this bike. Man I love this thing."

No sooner than this thought runs thru my mind my eyes begin to focus on the back end of a Coke a Cola truck ahead in the right lane.

Printed on the rear doors reads the following: "Coke...loving it again and again."

I did not know that Coke could read your mind but in this case they were dead nuts on.

Yes it was a beautiful thing.:cool:

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
You scared me there for a minute Tim, when I read "my eyes begin to focus on the back end of a Coke a Cola truck ahead in the right lane" I thought TARGET FIXATION!! But I'm glad it was not what I was thinking, we don't want to lose you brother, you're still too young.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You scared me there for a minute Tim, when I read "my eyes begin to focus on the back end of a Coke a Cola truck ahead in the right lane" I thought TARGET FIXATION!! But I'm glad it was not what I was thinking, we don't want to lose you brother, you're still too young.
Thanks Ricky, that thought occurred to me as I was writing about the truck.

One of my good riding buddys did that very thing when he was in high school.

He was cruzing in front of the school on his Suzuki, looking over at a flock of girls and T-boned a Rainbow Bread truck.

Fortunately no serious injuries.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts

I thought the exact same thing.....issue with the truck......Great minds think alike.:cool:

Reactions: RickyNY

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I had the same experience yesterday. I was on the Beemer for 2 weeks since it was the shiny new toy, so I had the FZ in the back of the garage and didn't take it out. I finally pulled it out yesterday and after I got reoriented to the smaller bike I realized how much I love the FZ, it is a glorious machine with endless fun to be had. It's pure joy to ride. Now that I have a new commuter I get to sip on the FZ like a fine wine when the mood suits me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts