1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
251 Posts
so who's gonna be the first to slap one of these "mufflers" on to their 09?

2 5" Radiant Cycles Universal Motorcycle Shorty GP Exhaust Pipe 2 1 2" Black | eBay

Edit: thats not actually a Coffman, but its similar in the fact that its basically a straight-through pipe.
that is a coffman, and im pretty sure the're just about universal
Coffman Shorty Exhaust Yamaha FZ8 2011 13 | eBay
Mate, that would be good for about the first 5 seconds whilst you said "damn that's loud".

The 1st time you pulled up next to a cop, they'd sticker you & you'd have to change it out.

Spend a bit more coin to get something that's going to enhance your ride :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
haha i know. its an automatic hoon label.

i wasnt planning on getting one. not ideal for the amount of commuting i do. but i want to see/hear one on the 09

Hows the akra? i finally heard one in real life with the baffle in the other night and it seemed maybe a little louder than stock.

·
Registered
96 Posts
haha mate you may as well just ditch the pipe altogether, it'd be just as loud!

Id go back to your carbon akra :)

@sporti 's akra is real nice - Its got a completely different note - more aggressive. I can actually hear it now when im parked next to him :p

·
Registered
251 Posts
haha i know. its an automatic hoon label.

i wasnt planning on getting one. not ideal for the amount of commuting i do. but i want to see/hear one on the 09

Hows the akra? i finally heard one in real life with the baffle in the other night and it seemed maybe a little louder than stock.
For want of a better phrase, the akra is sex on a stick!

I toyed with pulling the baffle, but I don't think I will. It has a nice deep note without being overly loud, nothing like the stock system :)

As a side bonus, it has a nice little burble on decel!!!

·
Registered
251 Posts
haha mate you may as well just ditch the pipe altogether, it'd be just as loud!

Id go back to your carbon akra :)

@sporti 's akra is real nice - Its got a completely different note - more aggressive. I can actually hear it now when im parked next to him :p
Hahahaha...no more sewing machine on steroids! :p

·
Registered
555 Posts
Hey if any of you Perth boys want to ever get rid of your stock exhaust headers, I would be keen on picking them up.

Looking to fab up my own custom exhaust using the stock headers.

PM me with a price if you ever want to part with them guys.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the thing that i dont like about the carbon akra is the headers are lower than stock, and it sticks out a lot to the right of the bike.

yoshi is at the top of the list now, as well as maybe just welding a muffler onto the stock headers.

i'd be interested on how much stock headers would sell for to actually.

·
Registered
96 Posts
There arent many that dont stick out for some reason. The akra and TB dont stick out at all though the arrow sticks out only a little bit.

sent from my Galaxy S5 via Tapatalk

·
Registered
555 Posts
Yeah I am with you on the headers Julian. Dont like the way the Akra ones come down and then bend at nearly a 90 deg angle back towards the muffler. They just dont seem to follow the lines of the engine well like the stock headers.

I do very much like the TI Akra muffler position though, very sexy. The Arrow is also a very nice piece.

I also want to do something similar, to weld/connect a muffler of a yet to be determined description on to the stock headers with a bit of fab work. Similar to what Marthy is offering, I very much like what he has done with that Delkevic mini. I am pretty handy with steel fab work and piping, and manage a construction workshop so plenty of minions to do some work for me!!!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
For want of a better phrase, the akra is sex on a stick!

I toyed with pulling the baffle, but I don't think I will. It has a nice deep note without being overly loud, nothing like the stock system :)

As a side bonus, it has a nice little burble on decel!!!
You sure this isnt what you want mate? :D

I dont think the missus will want to run pillion anymore...

maxresdefault.jpg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts