Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know any company that makes aftermarket clutch baskets/ bosses for the fz? Also are EBC friction plates better over OEM? I have a big project to do and I am trying to track down the parts. ;)

Thanks

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
I suggest you go digging in the parts fiche and find out if the fz09 shares clutch parts with another bike and then use that bike to search for aftermarket parts.

To answer your questions directly, I am not aware of anyone listing aftermarket clutch parts for the fz09.

Whether EBC is better or not is a question of feel and what you are doing with the bike. For drag racing they might be better but for most riders, the stock clutch parts work pretty well.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
ping nick, i think he has an aftermarket slipper clutch on his 09. would be pricey, though.

i did a quick parts lookup - the clutch drive plates are the same as the ones found on late model r1's and fz1's, and 7 of the 9 friction discs are the ones from yamaha's 450cc dirt bikes (the other 2 are unique to the 09).

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I suggest you go digging in the parts fiche and find out if the fz09 shares clutch parts with another bike and then use that bike to search for aftermarket parts.

To answer your questions directly, I am not aware of anyone listing aftermarket clutch parts for the fz09.

Whether EBC is better or not is a question of feel and what you are doing with the bike. For drag racing they might be better but for most riders, the stock clutch parts work pretty well.
Well, I think that the stock clutch could not handle the riding I did on it lol. Pics coming soon when I take everything apart again.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ping nick, i think he has an aftermarket slipper clutch on his 09. would be pricey, though.

i did a quick parts lookup - the clutch drive plates are the same as the ones found on late model r1's and fz1's, and 7 of the 9 friction discs are the ones from yamaha's 450cc dirt bikes (the other 2 are unique to the 09).
Thanks I will look into those.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts