Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first bike so, yes this could be a noob question for most of you... Your thoughts are welcome. Overhere winter and snow have put me and "FZ" in maintenance mode. I was in the garage with bike in 1st gear, clutch in (engine off) and I tried to push the bike away without any sucess. Feel like the clutch wasen't working. With the engine running (did put it in neutral to start) and the same condition (1st gear, clutch in) bike can be move but still feel some "restriction". I stop th engine and unscrew almost completely the adjustement on clutch handle to see what would happen. The bike can now be pushed with about same small restriction as when the engine was running. There is no more freeplay in the clutch handle but it should as per user manual... So question is what should be normal? I did experience some strange behavior on some rides. When the bike was cold transmission was really smooth and quiet on gear change but come really harsh when bike was running hot. How about your bike?

Thanks for your help.

Envoyé de mon GT-P5113 en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
Put the clutch lever back to where it was before you adjusted it. When the motor/clutch/transmission is cold, the situation that you describe is perfectly normal, as the oil is much, much thicker at that point. When the engine/clutch/transmission is warm, after riding the bike, turn it off and try the same thing. You will see that the bike rolls without almost any resistance when it's in gear and the clutch in.

Reactions: SagFZ09

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Put the clutch lever back to where it was before you adjusted it. When the motor/clutch/transmission is cold, the situation that you describe is perfectly normal, as the oil is much, much thicker at that point. When the engine/clutch/transmission is warm, after riding the bike, turn it off and try the same thing. You will see that the bike rolls without almost any resistance when it's in gear and the clutch in.
Fantastic! Thank you. I will sleep much better tonight now that I know it's normal .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts