Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put Rox Risers on my bike and my clutch cable is super tight and I think in time it will snap. My question is does anyone know if the FJ-09 clutch cable is longer. I am thinking I only need about a inch or so. I called the dealer and got the "I don't know the book does not tell me" ask if he could go out on the showroom floor and look and he said too busy. So any help would be nice. I can continue to call dealers and I am sure I could find one who knows or would find out but I may have to call 20 or so...

·
Registered
734 Posts
i just put rox risers on my bike and my clutch cable is super tight and i think in time it will snap. My question is does anyone know if the fj-09 clutch cable is longer. I am thinking i only need about a inch or so. I called the dealer and got the "i don't know the book does not tell me" ask if he could go out on the showroom floor and look and he said too busy. So any help would be nice. I can continue to call dealers and i am sure i could find one who knows or would find out but i may have to call 20 or so...
the fj has a large riser . So cable would be longer

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
S Fortuna that is what I was thinking also. Just wanted to make sure. I guess I will just order one and if it does not work I will just take it back. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
4,423 Posts
The part numbers are different. But I wouldn't use that as any guide. Do let us know if the FJ cable is longer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya I noticed that the part numbers were different also. I just ordered the FJ-09 cable so I will let everyone know if it fits. Thank everyone..

·
Registered
962 Posts
Are the rest of the wires and everything else okay?

I was going to mount the steering dampener with my wider taller bars - but the brake line seemed a bit short so I figured I'd wait till I can upgrade to stainless lines - and just order the front 1.5" longer to be safe. I should have checked everything else - but my 8 year old took over and it was put back together to go for a ride...

·
Registered
260 Posts
I just put Rox Risers on my bike and my clutch cable is super tight and I think in time it will snap. My question is does anyone know if the FJ-09 clutch cable is longer...
I'm fairly confident you are thinking correctly with that FJ-09 cable. That cable can be 6' long but as long as the exposed (inner) cable length is the same or close, you are golden!
I am interested to hear how this turns out. I've thought about risers in the past and wondered about the cables / wires, etc.

·
Registered
987 Posts
The FJ cable is 2 inches long and both ends are the same, I just installed one on my FZ09.

Ruler

Wire Pipe Cable

Reactions: bobZ

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Motion pro will make custom length cables that are better quality than OEM

1 - 12 of 12 Posts