Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have been researching a set of Clubman 1125cr bars for a while but I never see anything about handling. I had been toying with the idea till I had seen them on the Stoltec build which is when I had decided to definitely do it.

I have three questions to you guys who have them: Do they inspire more or less confidence going into the twisties? Is there a good way to route the clutch cable to keep it from binding? Lastly, how bad is vibration if you went with bar end mirrors?

There are several threads with snapped clutch cables and the stocker just looks like it is in pain on the Buell bar.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I had them for a season and just recently sold them to a forum member.
A few notes from my experience with them:

- seats close to a supersport IMO but not as bad as an R6, maybe a GSXR600. You'll definitely need tank pads for your thighs to grab onto or your manhood will pay the price.
- more weight on the front = less prone to accidental wheelies, more stable at speed.
- I really like the feeling in twisties vs. the stock bars.
- you'll need a custom brake line, the stock will be bent way too far (Stoltec used to sell them not sure any more, check on his website).
- may be harder to find a fitting screen because of the re-routed cables.
- you'll need to drill the locating pin hole for throttle (pretty easy just grab a punch and drill)
- the ends aren't threaded so you'll need new bar ends and mirrors. I had some cheap Amazon ones and they worked fine.
- you'll probably need small aftermarket turn signals (the pumpkins will hit the levers)
- the only problem i had with them was that darned clutch cable. tried to re route it but was never satisfied. you can route it above the ignition switch, probably the best method.

why i didn't stick with them? I realized why I bought the FZ and not a supersport in the first place...when I go for a ride it ends up being multiple hours and my back was starting to hate me. It definitely makes it a better bike for the twisties or the track (didn't think this bike was targeted for the track...) but that isn't how I use mine. the stock bars do just fine in the curves for me.

good luck and let me know if you want to know more

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
If my bike was a dedicated track bike I would go for some sort of clipon or clubman bars. I like the Pro Tapper Carmichael a lot... those won't come off! Perfect position to me

1 - 4 of 4 Posts