Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i recently purchased a 2016 fz09 and am thinking about getting a new set of bars. I like the look of the buell clubmans that i see alot of fz09 owners have, but are there any other clubman bars like the buell ones that will fit? im having a hard time finding the buell ones and was wondering if anybody could point me in the right direction. thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
found another post on here to buy the buell bars, but if anyone knows of a decent clubman bar that isnt a buell and maybe cheaper would definitely apreciate it

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
yea, you could downsize and go with a 7/8" version, also replace the bar clamps to fit them. new the clubmans go for $113 from newcastlehd.com in PA...keep in mind, the Buell version clubmans are unique in style unlike the other versions, just saying

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the quick reply. Is there any modifications i will need to do or is it good to go as is? and yeah i really like the look of them. I know with like the woodcraft clip ons you need like risers and need to move the tac/spedo screen thing and such

·
Registered
161 Posts
Lol damn. I have renthal fat bars. I mean if your looking to sell those clubmans. I may be interested. Also there is a post on here with clubmans. Hurricane for 80$ same style.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
buell clubman

hey mate im also very interested on switching to the Buell clubman… how does it feel? is it way lower than the stocks? or just enough to make it a bit sportier… ? i read i would have to purchase a Fj-09 clutch cable also… is there any thing else i would need to buy for the installation? if it was possible could you upload some more pics or videos? or if you already did where can i see them?

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
glad you like them, they are fast becoming a rare item to find and haven't been able to narrow down who has them in stock. Magura made the CR High bar for Buell, not absolutely sure if they also did the clubman. contact them, they are awesome folks to deal with...the bars do give the bike a sporty riding position and depending on how you rotate the bars(down/up) will determine your comfort level. check at full lock and look for two things: bar to tank clearance and cables binding, especially the throttle. you can either reroute the stock clutch cable(through the throttle bodies) or simply buy the fj cable, in my opinion buying the cable is the best way to go. tape the new cable to old at the clutch perch and pull it through slowly, loosen the left hand bolt at the top of the radiator mount that holds the clutch cable bracket before doing anything. rotate that bracket forward, it will move forward between a 1/4"to 1/2" from present position allowing the cable to pass. get the Spiegler front brake line for the Buell as it's set up with the banjo bolt angle meant for the clubman bar installation. I don't have any "how to" pics or videos of the install, pretty straight forward except the bars are not predrilled to accept the switch housings location pins. I cut mine off flush and no issues, no tape needed to act as a friction lock between the bars and housings. get everything mounted to the bars and hand snug the bar clamps up some to prevent it from rolling. start with the throttle tube first before anything else on the right hand side, then move inward with the start switch and master cylinder...snug everything up, but do not do the final tightening. center the bars in the clamps/risers...use the Buell logo edges to center onto the steering nut, do not torque it down yet only snug it up good. move onto the left bar with the clutch perch. this is gonna be a bitch due to the knurled grip area. I use a flat blade screwdriver to slightly pry the perch open some, file down the knurled area some, some silicon spray, rubber mallet and small 1"x2" block of wood to tap the perch onto the bar. tap on opposite sides of the perch or you will cock it on the bar. install everything else as normal and adjust everything to your new riding position, and do the final tightening. you will have some issue with either switch housings rotation being hindered by the clutch perch and master cylinder body due to the little plastic tab wire supports from the switch housings, adjust accordingly but do not cut them off. adjust the clutch cable, double check you have tightened/torqued everything down, go ride and get a feel for the bars...adjust as needed, ride again, repeat if needed.
ok, bar end mirrors get tricky with the clubmans as they have two inner diameters. can either fill with epoxy then drill to match the inner most diameter or use a longer bolt with rubber expansion plug along with wedges as locking device to hold the bar ends or mirrors in place. good luck, first with finding the bars, secondly with the install.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts