Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Wanna try a more forward leaning riding position on my mt 09 2014. Looking at different handle bars but find it hard to imagine what they would feel like. I'm about 6'1" or 187cm. What options could you recommend?
Any experience appreciated 馃榾

Registered
I'm a little taller than you, and didnt do clip ons on my 09's, but my 2c based off clip ons on on my vfr fighter-
Hands feet and hip position need to match. So, with lower handlebars, you should have higher pegs to roll you forward a little.
I added apex adjustable clip ons, and some sebspeed adapter plates so i could use adjustable rearsets to go up and back to roll me forward a little. High seat, high pegs, low bars, still comfy for a 800km day.

Nick at stoltec moto helped develop the woodcraft clipons. Flick him an email and ask his opinion.

Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition

Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
Interesting 馃榾. Looks like maybe some work with the clutch cable is needed?
A little bit, as I recall, but nothing too crazy. It'll be a little different on the FZ than it was on the XSR, but it shouldn't be too much of a problem. I like the bend, as it leans you into the wind just enough to balance out the pressure.

Registered
Batmobile
I'm the same height as you and run the woodcraft clip ons, I didn't really care for them in the 1" up position, but now I run them in the down orientation and had no issues riding for 8 hours during the ECR this year. I did upgrade my rearsets to the lextek setup and put them in the highest and farthest back position.

Reactions: Keef

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm the same height as you and run the woodcraft clip ons, I didn't really care for them in the 1" up position, but now I run them in the down orientation and had no issues riding for 8 hours during the ECR this year. I did upgrade my rearsets to the lextek setup and put them in the highest and farthest back position.
馃憤May I ask how much a setup like this cost? I'm weighing up different options here.

Registered
Batmobile
I picked up the clip ons through a member here for about $125 shipped, but they go for anywhere between $250-300 regular. I think sport bike track gear has a sale right now. And the lexteks we're around $200 from vcyclenut, I had to buy an extra set after a crash because they don't make individual parts for them. I believe woodcrafts rearsets are pretty pricey.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts