Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm knew to this forum but not riding. Great forum! Can y'all direct me as to were to buy some clear lenses for stock turn signals? I have not had a lot of time search around and was hoping for some help. Thanks for any replies and help.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
You might try EBay-someone on here was selling some clear North American OEM lenses a while back-can't remember the thread. If you're determined to keep the stock signals, you might have better luck trying to source some non-North American signals as the Aus/Euro/Asian markets use a smaller signal with clear lenses, or you could just go with some aftermarket blinkers-lots of options here for ya...

·
Registered
137 Posts
You might try EBay-someone on here was selling some clear North American OEM lenses a while back-can't remember the thread. If you're determined to keep the stock signals, you might have better luck trying to source some non-North American signals as the Aus/Euro/Asian markets use a smaller signal with clear lenses, or you could just go with some aftermarket blinkers-lots of options here for ya...

The OEM ones over here are small and clear with an orange bulb.

Vehicle Automotive exterior Car Asphalt Automotive tire

They do a LED clear one which is OEM aftermarket.

LED Blinkers | Y-Shop New Zealand

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I don't think you can find clear lenses for the ugy North American FZ-09 turn signals????

If anyone finds a clear lens replacement, please let us know.

This is the same ugly turn signal that Yamaha North America has stuck on ten other bikes. Can you tell it is the one item I really DO NOT like about my 09? Lol.
Auto part Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle Font

If any of our MT-09 Brothers or Sisters know of website that we can purchase the much better looking MT-09 clear lens turn signals, that would be great.

I'd like to go with a led turn signal, but find to many of them are just too small and tuck the signals to close to the headlight for my liking.

·
Registered
320 Posts
There was a guy in the classifieds selling some from "clear alternatives". If I remember right, they are the same as some older Yamahas and were discontinued.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I have the clear lenses with amber bulbs on the front of the FZ and the stock amber turn indicators on the back. The clear lenses are nowhere near as visible, day or night, as the stock amber ones. The clear ones are probably not DOT approved and if someone started making clear lenses they would have to say they were legal for public roadways. Getting whacked from behind concerns me more than being highly visible in the front, where I can see what's coming, so this set up works for me as I don't have to look at the rear pumpkins. Out of sight, out of mind.

I had have an aftermarket tail light with bright sequential turn indicators built in but felt it to be too narrow to be noticed by following texters when they looked up, so put the stock indicator lights back on. Maybe some day I'll splice the stock and sequential indictors together.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts