Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can you get clear front & rear turn signal lenses to replace the stock orange lenses??!!:confused:

·
Registered
364 Posts
The MT-09 turn signals are smaller then the FZ-09's. I like those better.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hopefully I can find some clear or smoked colored lenses to fit the larger US signals?!

·
Registered
276 Posts
While I glanced at the blinker threads, most I have seen are ones that require some rewriting and a relay.
Are there sano looking units that are simply plug and play out there?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
With clear lenses, they will look smaller. If the MT-09 signals would fit and are plug & play, those would work too! Wonder where I can get OEM MT-09 signals?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Perhaps post a WTB ad in the classifieds section and see if any European or Australian members have replaced their OEM signals and are willing to sell & ship them to the US.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
My brother owns a 2013 VMax, and it has the same signal lights as my 09???

Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Fuel tank

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle

I also like the look of the clear lenses with amber lights, which come as stock in other countries.

I'd be interested if you can swap out the lenses from the amber to clear on the 09.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
the euro lens wont fit there smaller.....have researched this extensively ......
Might have to wait till the Motorcycle Show in January, see what is available and what might work off a different bike. I know that there are a lot of LED lights out there, but they all come with a narrow diameter mounting bracket, which looks kind of weird on the front mounts.

·
Registered
520 Posts
While I glanced at the blinker threads, most I have seen are ones that require some rewriting and a relay.
Are there sano looking units that are simply plug and play out there?
Its very easy rewire and relay install... If you get the correct relay it just plugs right in.. With the leds, you can just get a cheapy crimper and crimps from home depot and crimp the old light connectors on them then plug those right in as well... I think the whole soldering method is a little overkill, nothing wrong with a clean crimp job then wrap with electrical tape.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts