Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
photo_3.jpg

Cheap upgrade for the bulky stock turn signals. Hotbodies Racing makes a LED flush mount blinker for most Yamaha's. Sadly, not the FZ-09 (so, it's not a click and done install...but you can figure it out). I bought the model for the '13 R1 since my buddy has the bike and it looked like it would work perfectly. So, for ~$30 you can have a clean look.

Only con: you lose the running light feature of the stock bulbs and the blinking rate is increased (however, not a con for me...I like that).

Hope you like it.

Attachments

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@marthy -- I saw your post previously...probably what inspired me to make this upgrade. If proton made a smoked lens, I might have paid the $80. My pic doesn't look very bright -- poor shot.

·
Registered
22 Posts
View attachment 973

Cheap upgrade for the bulky stock turn signals. Hotbodies Racing makes a LED flush mount blinker for most Yamaha's. Sadly, not the FZ-09 (so, it's not a click and done install...but you can figure it out). I bought the model for the '13 R1 since my buddy has the bike and it looked like it would work perfectly. So, for ~$30 you can have a clean look.

Only con: you lose the running light feature of the stock bulbs and the blinking rate is increased (however, not a con for me...I like that).

Hope you like it.
Im looking at a set of these now, I am not very good at making my own mounts (fabrication). However, my brother is. Any pointers on mounting?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I went for some cheap Chinese turn signals...then got ultra bright LEDs for it
image.jpg
All said and done I was in for about 80 since the bulbs were $50 for four of them. I also slowed the flash rate and used the blinker genie to get them to run as running lights in the front. All in all they are very bright and not so big and honkin and nobody else has gone for the bullet turn signals.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I tend to stick with stock turn signals, so there's no excuse for someone

To say they didn't see them or for cops to harass me.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
View attachment 973

Hope you like it.
They make a 2 into 3 wire adapter to regain your running lights.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts