Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally some warmer weather is starting to show up, but with that brings the bugs. It has been so long since I have had a wind screen I am not sure how to get these bugs off of it safely with out scratching the screen. The darker ones I know will show more scratches too, which is what I have currently on the bike.
Any tips?

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I soak the bugs with hot, wet, paper towels, but I NEVER wipe with the towels. I just lay them on top for a couple of minutes. I do the same thing with my helmet. Next I clean the shield with a spray glasses cleaner for treated lenses that I get at Walmart Vision Center and a large Carl Ziess microfiber towel that I also purchased at Walmart Vision Center. Alot of times I will wet my fingertips and rub the bug goop that if stubborn until it loosens up. Scrubbing with towels always scratches screens.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Oh yes plexus took a healthy price hike a year or two ago . But it works well . I use a kitchen towel

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
lemon pledge ftw

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all. I did the hot water microfiber. Bought two. One to hot soak and one to dry. The bugslide and the plexus I would try if I had a full faring, but with only the 25cm screen it just does not make sense for the little amount of area to clean.
Once full summer is here and the really tough bugs start, I will keep the lemon pledge on mind.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts