Registered
1,370 Posts
Nice riding dude!!

FZ-09 = the little engine that could

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man. It was a blast following Mr. Josh on his killer FZ. Can't wait for March 13th to go back out there :)

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Thanks man. It was a blast following Mr. Josh on his killer FZ. Can't wait for March 13th to go back out there :)
any chase videos of this incident?

I need to make my way to CW this year.. already committed to button willow for March 15 & 16. I'll be sure to let you guys know when I head out.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
any chase videos of this incident?

I need to make my way to CW this year.. already committed to button willow for March 15 & 16. I'll be sure to let you guys know when I head out.
LOL! Yes sir...the vid posted is me on my R1 following Mr. Josh Merrill on his bad azz FZ-09.
Sweet! Let me know when you go out there. I'm trying to get as many track days in as I can afford. :cool:

Reactions: Tunnelvision748

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Planning my first trackday at Chuckwalla in September, noticed that Socal Trackday's website says the following for bike prep:

'Safety wire or RTV silicone adhesive is required on the oil drain bolt and recommended on other critical fasteners.'

For those of you have gone to CW, How strict are they with this? I just changed my oil and want to avoid having to change it again just to drill safety wire holes into the drain plug.

thanks,

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Most track day providers that require SW on your drain plug are very strict about it.

However, from what you quoted above, they allow RTV to be used as well so get some brake cleaner and degrease the drain plug and the pan around it and smear some red RTV on the drain plug and the pan to prevent the drain plug from backing out.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
To the OP, what class do the FZ09's race in?

·
Registered
154 Posts
To the OP, what class do the FZ09's race in?
You can run the 09 in A, B, or C group. For the track days there your group is more about rider skill than bike capabilities. I used to run my ER-6n in all three classes no problem, although having some of the liter bikes blow by me on both sides going down the back straight in A group on my little 650 was a little unnerving. They do run race leagues out there as well and you would have to ask someone more knowledgeable than me about the classifications for that as I have not participated in those.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't believe they are very strict about it, I have run chuck numerous times with different organizations and never had my drain plug rtv or sw. That was on my CBR and about 18 months ago with Socal trackdays no sessions. I have to say no sessions is where I gained my biggest improvements, hoping to be back at chuck this fall on my CBR. How do the 09's due at Chuck, my CBR I was running 2:08 in A group and run about mid pack.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
You can run the 09 in A, B, or C group. For the track days there your group is more about rider skill than bike capabilities. I used to run my ER-6n in all three classes no problem, although having some of the liter bikes blow by me on both sides going down the back straight in A group on my little 650 was a little unnerving. They do run race leagues out there as well and you would have to ask someone more knowledgeable than me about the classifications for that as I have not participated in those.
I understand about trackdays.

I was asking about racing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts