Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
I also had found that the bolts on the rear sets to be very short also... The foot peg bolt can be longer as the holder plate ( The adjustable Plate ) those can also be longer so I did order up new Stainless bolts and added some length to them also...You can find all that you need here and the shipping rates will not kill you ...https://www.albanycountyfasteners.com/Flat-Socket-Head-Cap-Screw-A2-Stainless-Steel-s/697.htm . I got the longer bolts so they fit flush on the back side so no threads where showing.... with the ones supplied you still have lots more room for a longer bolt .. just never did like how it just seemed that they barely went in ...

·
Registered
700 Posts
I am seriously surprised that 98% of the Chinese rubbish is allowed into our respective countries. The amount of crap I have bought, you are hard pressed to avoid Chinese shit, that I have returned due to it not being suitable for the purpose for which it was sold is almost unbelievable.

Shame everyone doesn't do the same...but I suspect the $20:00 item, (an example) that craps itself two months after being bought gets binned by many as being too cheap to bother with, that, or the receipt has been lost or thrown out ages ago. If we all demanded our money back our retailers would have no option but to insist on better quality or they would source their product elsewhere sending a clear message to some Chinese companies regarding the cheap rubbish they export.

I dont know why the West is worried about China being a leading military power if just 5% of their military equipment is as defective as the crap they foist upon us they would lose on the first day of any war hahahaha

·
Registered
438 Posts
I also had found that the bolts on the rear sets to be very short also... The foot peg bolt can be longer as the holder plate ( The adjustable Plate ) those can also be longer so I did order up new Stainless bolts and added some length to them also...You can find all that you need here and the shipping rates will not kill you ...https://www.albanycountyfasteners.com/Flat-Socket-Head-Cap-Screw-A2-Stainless-Steel-s/697.htm . I got the longer bolts so they fit flush on the back side so no threads where showing.... with the ones supplied you still have lots more room for a longer bolt .. just never did like how it just seemed that they barely went in ...
Yup I noticed that too!

·
Registered
96 Posts
2 weeks..? Maybe. I couldn't find the bolt or peg to find out what actually happened, but my guess is I torqued down that peg a little too much during install and compromised the bolt. I did find that the supplied bolts that held the shifter to the adjustable plate and the peg bolt to be soft when trying to tighten with allen wrenches. If I decide to go with these again I will definitely swap out the three bolts on each side with something stronger.

Right now it doesn't look like the person I bought these from is going to help. I've been in contact, sent pictures, & items I would like to receive (even at a small price), but after about 4 back & forth emails with them, they just quit responding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agree with Chris_py. Escalate directly to Ebay stating that the seller is no longer corresponding with you. They'll step in and assist you. It's worth getting your money back or at least seeking resolution.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Yeah, but I screwed up and did not install right away. Then I did my second screwup and gave the seller a positive review a week after I installed, instead of waiting my typical 2 months. They were just corresponding out of good faith for a couple of weeks. Probably until they figured out I gave them a positive review..? I don't have a leg to stand on. Or a peg...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yeah, but I screwed up and did not install right away. Then I did my second screwup and gave the seller a positive review a week after I installed, instead of waiting my typical 2 months. They were just corresponding out of good faith for a couple of weeks. Probably until they figured out I gave them a positive review..? I don't have a leg to stand on. Or a peg...

That sucks. Well, lesson learned. Always utilize recently purchased items to identify defects and especially for cheap chinese parts. I'm glad I did because I was able to get a refund on a set of chinese frame sliders that were badly machined. The seller had the audacity to offer me a 10% refund for parts that were uninstallable. At which point, I filed for a 100% refund and they granted it to avoid having ebay get involved.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm surprised they stop. Usually sellers are afraid for any bad reviews, so they do all they can. I'd contact ebay, they might be able to give you your money back. Good luck!
I have one of the China exhausts on one of my 2 MT 09'S fit perfect runs as great sound great, works as as good as my high end exhausts no leaks 2 years no problems. $160.00 shipped,

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just bought (separately) the header and the muffler out of Amazon, the chinese cheap ones. Header was $165 and muffler was only $32. I just installed them so i don't have a long experience enough yet to really evaluate the product, but the header seems made of very decent quality stainless steel, the weldings are nice and clean, and i could fit it quite easily. So for the $165 it is suprisingly nice and i don't think i have leaks. The muffler is made of fake carbon and doesn't look as nice as the Delkevic i had on my FZ07, but it sounds great and at $32 i can always replace it with another one if it fails. It still looks pretty nice VS the OEM one. The only thing is the bracket that holds the muffler doesn't fit 100% as my rear brake touches it, but i think that I'll be able to fix that with 1 or 2 washers or by using a dremel to shave it by 1mm or 2. The exhaust i bought is a copy of the Akra one, same shape, same everything, but under $200. I'll see how it does in the time.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0831M4NKQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

21 - 28 of 28 Posts