Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SEE BELOW

Sup everyone.

I'm planning to ride Topanga Canyon down to Malibu/ PCH / Sunset / etc. next Saturday on June 14th at 9:30AM.

Figure I'd post this on the forums for anyone interested in riding with us. Periods of spirited riding anticipated, but the bigger the group becomes, the slower I will pace it.

I like to run organized rides, so I keep track of who we start with and ensure everyone is with us each at each stop. Front rider wears orange, last rider wears yellow (vests provided).

So maybe you're looking to ride with fellow enthusiasts... or perhaps you've always wondered what it's like to go on a group ride. Here's your chance... if you're interested, post below if you're riding 1 or 2up and anyone else you plan on bringing. :cool:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Def in, I live up close in 818. Where is every one gona meet at. I take this as RC meeting/ride not MC cuz I don't do MC.

And I'm a slow rider besides the bike is brand new so I'm in the break in period. If that's gona be a problem then may be in e future.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I would be up for joining in - post up the specifics closer to the ride date.
Thanks for setting it up Timeless

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Ride Info!!

TimeLess's (First) FZ-09 SUMMER FORUM RIDE

Meet place: Starbucks 5422 Topanga Canyon Blvd, Woodland Hills

Meet time: 9:00AM

KSU: 9:30AM

Lunch spot: Island's at 11400 Porter Ranch Drive, Northridge

Route: http://goo.gl/maps/rUAgI

Riders Coming:
TimeLess + friends
Momo818 + friend
Tunnelvision748
KirkB​

Things to know:

• If turnout is bigger than expected, volunteers for leads/sweeps will be appreciated
  • Weather looks perfect already, 78F!
  • Bring cash just in case we stop at a food truck
  • Don't forget pre-ride checks- tire pressure / chain / GAS etc.
  • All riding levels welcome.
  • Did I mention to arrive with a full tank?
  • I don't have a nice camera but if someone wants to take photos, by all means!

Disclaimer: Safety is top priority; please wear proper gear. This isn't an elbow dragging or 12 o'clock exhibition. If you have something to prove... book a track day! Ride within your limits :cool:

·
Registered
192 Posts
I'm in , c yall at Starbucks

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I can make it, but I will have to split once we get back to the 101

·
Registered
192 Posts
I'm gona do my best to show up on Saturday. I might bring a friend too.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
See you guys tomorrow. Orange vest / white helmet. If you're running late, send me a message over the forums. :eagerness:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Had great time with timeless and Kirk on Saturday , its great riding with some members with same exact bikes :) and getting to know cool people.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for coming out. What can I say- great minds think alike, which is why only one color made an appearance. Good call on that freshly paved road KirkB and good call on that sandwich shop Momo. Until next time...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Next Ride!!!

Mid-June Ride 6/28/14

Meet place: Starbucks 19759 Rinaldi St, Northridge 91324

Meet time: 9:00AM

KSU: 10:00AM

Lunch spot: Santa Monica

Route (TBD): http://goo.gl/maps/MnS8L
This time we'll work our way south, cruise down PCH into Santa Monica for lunch.

Riders Coming:
TimeLess

Things to know:

If turnout is bigger than expected, volunteers for leads/sweeps will be appreciated
Bring cash just in case we stop at a food truck
Don't forget pre-ride checks- tire pressure / chain / GAS etc.
All riding levels welcome.
Did I mention to arrive with a full tank of gas?
This time we will post up and take pictures.

Disclaimer: Safety is top priority; please wear proper gear. This isn't an elbow dragging or 12 o'clock exhibition. If you have something to prove... book a track day! Ride within your limits :cool:

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have a procedure done to my foot which puts me out of commission for a few weeks, hopefully I'll be heeled by then and be able to ride. Till then be safe every one

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm hosting another ride - PM me for details if interested. Similar area as last time. Sunday, July 13th at 9:00AM.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts