Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

My policy renewal jumped from $405 to $575 for the year.

Now considered a "sport/high performance bike" with high losses.

Funny that the 690 duke also made the list. To the other debate on STreet triple R vs fz - the damn triumph isn't classified the same!

Balls.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Just renewed. Mine stayed at $1000 for the year, full coverage through Dairyland. 24 y/ old no moving violations. Can't wait to be 25 and see my insurance rates drop...

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Ridiculous! Maybe these insurance companies would be better served(and better serve its policy holders) if they would have pricing tiers based on experience level, that way they could minimize the risk of 'high losses' when they insure novice riders on a bike that is clearly beyond their current ability/skill level. This bike costs me more to insure(at the same coverages) than my R6 did...

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
^^^ In your scenario the Insurance Co's would be exposed when they discount riders with 10+ years "experience" not knowing the bike sat in the garage collecting dust for the past nine years. There's a lot of bikes in So Florida that rarely see the light of day.:(

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
My policy was $285 for the year so I guess Ill be getting a similar letter soon....I'm due for renewal in May :mad:

·
Registered
120 Posts
So the insurance sees the Versys and HP4 as bikes in the same class (not to mention Hyosung lol)...the US really needs a similar licensing bracket like overseas with HP restrictions for novices.

This is why we can't have nice things....well, we still can.... they're just unnecessarily expensive.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
The US really needs a similar licensing bracket like overseas with HP restrictions for novices.
That'll never fly -- Crosshairs doesn't want to be told what he can or can't ride.:cool:

·
Registered
877 Posts
So the insurance sees the Versys and HP4 as bikes in the same class (not to mention Hyosung lol)...the US really needs a similar licensing bracket like overseas with HP restrictions for novices.

This is why we can't have nice things....well, we still can.... they're just unnecessarily expensive.
Not to mention the Aprilia Mana, which is a generic, automatic tranny bike...... Fast it ain't.

I have one that I used as a daily run around bike, till I got my Zero SR electric bike.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's a bit odd how they worded it. It's classified as a sport/high performance bike due to high losses. So if a bunch of guys wrecked sportster 1200s in record numbers - would this bike be classified as a sport/high performance bike.

The increase is $14 a month so I suppose it is what it is. I could cut back on my Chipotle intake anyway.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Crazy. I'm cringing to see what mine is going to skyrocket to.

The Duke 690?? So is the FZ-07 lumped into the general FZ listing?

·
Registered
200 Posts
That letter sounds pretty shady. How does a high amount in losses equate to a high performance bike? Sounds like vehicle insurers are getting too big for their britches. I think the industry is in great need of some oversight. Raising rates on your customers that don't have claims is not a good way to keep those customers nor is it right.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy 5 S using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
That's ridiculous! The Versys, seriously? And the Mana?!
My rate actually went down- it was too high to begin with anyway so eh...I thought Riders insurance were the good guys.

The line for Ducati takes the cake- All models!!

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
My insurance increased $125.00 a year...with zero claims. I think the FZ classification is what caused it.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts