Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am coming up on my 1 year and the warranty will expire. I see on flea bay there is a dealer offering the 4 year extended YES warranty for $450.

I may jump on it this week. Any others out there that beat that price?

Thanks....

·
Registered
59 Posts
So - What's the real benefit of getting YES?
You got me interested. Yamaha Canada had a free YES promotions for new buyers in the beginning of January, tried to get this here but it didn't work.

You may want to try the direct route and get a quote at the following link...

Plan Highlights
I got a quote there for $590 for 4 years.
$450 seems like a great deal.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
With all the dealer horror stories I can't imagine paying more money to have them mess up my ride.

To my knowledge recalls (of course) and service bulletins are covered out of warranty.

That's enough coverage for me.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Is it a Yamaha extended warranty? or a third party extended warranty?

I ask because you use to be able to buy extended warranty through dealers when you bought a used car. The warranty was more like a insurance policy, where you had to pay the deductible for any repair work. The biggest pain was trying to find a place that would deal with the warranty company in the first place. One guy I worked with got this type of extended warranty. His Turbo blew up on his car, he ended up having to pay for 100% of the repair, then wait for the refund from the warranty company. He eventually got his money less the deductible, but it was a nightmare of paperwork and phone calls. I think it took him about a month to get it all sorted out.

If you still want the extended warranty, I just caution you to make sure it is through a reputable place, or it will be more of a headache than it's worth.

I know, not politically correct, but what is these days??? lol

6f5ce5e8f2521c9abf5decccba8dd2ac960f38630ae9b7d3a825908dba404d89.jpg

If I wouldn't have posted that last one, you probably wouldn't have even thought that seal hunting is still going on. Especially since you don't hear much about it in the news anymore.
Seal hunting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And just for the record.
http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm?adfg=curricula.seal
Alaska.jpg

I am not being Political, I am just stating the truth.

Reactions: beck

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Besides the obvious protection, I was thinking it would help if I decided to resell in the next few years. But the collective wisdom of the forum has convinced me to punt and use the $ for farkles. Now, to figure out who gets the $450....Sargent....VCYCLE...Revzilla....hmm....

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Yeah, if I were buying used, I wouldn't pay more for a bike with an extended warranty. Japanese bikes are bulletproof, and parts are cheap. All a new buyer would see is that you are asking more than market value for the bike, and move on.

Revzilla

·
Registered
570 Posts
Is it a Yamaha extended warranty? or a third party extended warranty?

I ask because you use to be able to buy extended warranty through dealers when you bought a used car. The warranty was more like a insurance policy, where you had to pay the deductible for any repair work. The biggest pain was trying to find a place that would deal with the warranty company in the first place. One guy I worked with got this type of extended warranty. His Turbo blew up on his car, he ended up having to pay for 100% of the repair, then wait for the refund from the warranty company. He eventually got his money less the deductible, but it was a nightmare of paperwork and phone calls. I think it took him about a month to get it all sorted out.

If you still want the extended warranty, I just caution you to make sure it is through a reputable place, or it will be more of a headache than it's worth.

I know, not politically correct, but what is these days??? lol

IMAGE OF SEAL ABOUT TO BE CLUBBED TO DEATH
That image is incredibly offensive, and "political correctness" has nothing to do with it. It is animal abuse, pure and simple. No LOL, nothing funny about it.

·
Registered
883 Posts
I got a quote there for $590 for 4 years.
$450 seems like a great deal.
Yes, that seems pretty good. I was checking around for YES prices back in October when my one year ownership anniversary approached. Ultimately, I declined and let my one year warranty expire. I had a few second thoughts about my decision immediately afterward, but now a few months later, no regrets.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Pictures already deleted, replaced with another, and some other facts you may not like.

p.s. - If you don't understand a slightly warped sense of humour, best not to read any of my posts, just to be safe.

peta.jpg

Freedom of speech in the United States is protected by the First Amendment to the United States Constitution and by many state constitutions and state and federal laws.

Freedom of speech in Canada is protected as a "fundamental freedom" by Section 2 of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.

Reactions: jawknee21

·
Registered
139 Posts
That image is incredibly offensive, and "political correctness" has nothing to do with it. It is animal abuse, pure and simple. No LOL, nothing funny about it.
not everyone has the same sense of humor. and everyone isn't offended by the same things..

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Uhh, I have a question here..........how did we go from extended warranty thread topic to the above stuff? Please, back on topic here.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Besides the obvious protection, I was thinking it would help if I decided to resell in the next few years. But the collective wisdom of the forum has convinced me to punt and use the $ for farkles. Now, to figure out who gets the $450....Sargent....VCYCLE...Revzilla....hmm....
An 5 year extended warranty isn't a bad thing if you do one of two things.

1). You drive it for the full warranty period and use it for anything what comes up. But you might have to make sure that every service interval is documented, and all service is done as per the manual or better.

2). You keep the bike and get good use out of it for 4 years, then sell it with 1 year warranty left over. The one year left on the warranty will probably help you sell the bike, but may not help you make more money with the sale.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts