Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried to put my bike onto paddock stand last night and it tipped over onto the left side. Tiny bit of rash on left engine guard. I want a cover and need a new left peg...

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol.... How do I find those part numbers?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Parts fiches are up on the Yamaha website now, you can look them up there

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

So pissed off... It seems to spin slightly now. I assume it's just loose? I had to take off for jury duty so I'm just sitting here wondering how to fix it.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got it ordered... But how the hell do you get the peg off?

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lol I know it's an Allen but it's inaccessible

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Doesn't removing the rear set require the swing arm bolt coming all the way out?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Pull the cotter key pin. I changed pegs and had to grind rivet off on one side. Do not recall which side. Will need a new pin once you have removed the old one. Any hardware store should have them. Pretty easy fix.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I got it off with some messing around with it... Looks like the entire rear set is bent too.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Pull the cotter key pin. I changed pegs and had to grind rivet off on one side. Do not recall which side. Will need a new pin once you have removed the old one. Any hardware store should have them. Pretty easy fix.
That's what I did and I am using a passenger peg as a temporary set up until the new one comes.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Really sorry to hear about your bike! I'm sure that you've figured-out that you should leave the side-stand down when putting the bike on the paddock stand. It sure doesn't take much for the bike to tip if you don't have a good grip on it while placing the stand.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Really sorry to hear about your bike! I'm sure that you've figured-out that you should leave the side-stand down when putting the bike on the paddock stand. It sure doesn't take much for the bike to tip if you don't have a good grip on it while placing the stand.
Actually it was dumber than that... Just bought the stand and it wasn't fully tightened and one side popped off. This is what it looks like now and I assume the set is bent. Maybe others will chime in and let me know what it's supposed to look like.

Keep in mind that is a passenger peg that I put in. I think the angle is different.

Also, any good ways to deal with this?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Looks bent. StadiumYamaha.com has the cheapest yamaha parts I've ever seen and all the parts diagram.

I'd ride it first make sure the shifter or linkage rod isn't bent or kinking up.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Looks bent. StadiumYamaha.com has the cheapest yamaha parts I've ever seen and all the parts diagram.

I'd ride it first make sure the shifter or linkage rod isn't bent or kinking up.
Linkage is fine. I'm going to wait until the new peg comes to see if the set is bent. So dumb and I am still mad at myself.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts